10 point 6 point 4

edited June 2010 in conversations
anyone up for an 641mb update...?

The 10.6.4 Update is recommended for all users running Mac OS X Snow Leopard. It includes Safari 5 and general operating system fixes that enhance the stability, compatibility, and security of your Mac, including fixes that:
resolve an issue that causes the keyboard or trackpad to become unresponsive
resolve an issue that may prevent some Adobe Creative Suite 3 applications from opening
address issues copying, renaming, or deleting files on SMB file servers
improve reliability of VPN connections
resolve a playback issue in DVD Player when using Good Quality deinterlacing
resolve an issue editing photos with iPhoto or Aperture in full screen view
improve compatibility with some braille displays
For detailed information on this update, please visit this website: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4150.
For information on the security content of this update, please visit: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1222.

Comments

• edited 1:20AM
    :( upgrade went without a problem, but now Disk Utility hangs on opening... about 70-'leven times now, after multiple restarts. grrrr

it starts gathering information and just freezes up. granted, i only waited 2.5 hours for it to unfreeze the first time, but... wahhhhh!
    Hmm something wrong here, can't see your post Mick.
    Pirate magic!
    Is this thread broken?

:D
    upgrade went fine for me, and yeah, the thread is broken :)
    norranymoreitisn't!
    don't.know.what.the.problem.may.have.been!

stupid htaccess...
    downloaded the combo updater just to be safe -- and my MBP hung on the second restart... didn't go past the gray apple and spinning thingie, had to force-shut down, ame up with a gray bar instead of the spinning thingie and booted fine. scary, will stick to updates via Software Update from now on ;)
    mine seems fine...
    rbernato said...downloaded the combo updater just to be safe -- and my MBP hung on the second restart... didn't go past the gray apple and spinning thingie, had to force-shut down, ame up with a gray bar instead of the spinning thingie and booted fine. scary, will stick to updates via Software Update from now on ;)
    for anyone doing the combo update, Apple included an outdated version of the Flash plugin, incremental update is fine, but combo overwrites even if newer version is installed.
    Combo overwrites, but incremental does not.

That shouldn't be the cause of the hang on restart though.
  • edited June 2010
    Wire Shark had problems.. I thought maybe it was an X11 problem due to the Update ,but a reboot cleared it up... I also then and went and Updated flash..

Biff said...Combo overwrites, but incremental does not.

That shouldn't be the cause of the hang on restart though.
    I guess I did have a pretty messy system, possibly some file was corrupted or the likes. My battery is basically dead or dying and so while on battery power my MacBook Pro is prone to shut down without a warning... I know the battery lasts roughtly an hour, but sometimes I forget to plug in to the mains in time.

Also my desktop icons randomly rearrange between reboots (not every reboot though, but this happens regularly a couple of times a month) -- so something might disturb or corrupt my .DS_store file I was told -- could be a bug, but maybe it is time for a clean install (I upgraded this Mac from 10.4 to 10.5 and eventually 10.6, there is bound to be quite some outdated stuff on my hard disk and inside the system folder and library)