optimus oled keyboard

edited March 2007 in creations
well, it is going to be released as a colour version! they have ditched the b&w version that everyone slated hehe

their blog

$1490 *cough* bargain! :D

Comments

• edited 9:39PM
    *cough*

cool - but eek!
    So cool... but their only prayer is that someone bigger (apple please) will license it and make it for cheap(er).
  • edited March 2007
    $1200? What a waste of money. I barely look at my keyboard, except when I spill beverages on it.

Nice attention to detail though, they even anti-aliased the characters. I'm not sure if that's a good thing though, at such a small size.
    keyboards seem so old fashioned, instead of coming out with a $1490 or $1200 dollar keyboard, why not spend time on getting rid of the keyboard. I'm talking touchscreen/voice activation/george jetson-ware baby.
    hover cars! :D
  • edited March 2007
    I'm not sure if I would like either touch screen or voice activation.
    There are some commands that require like 4 keys.... what the heck kind of word would I use for that thats not 4 letters.
    and I don't think playing in illustrator with a touch screen and my finger would be very accurate.

unless you mean this
    then I'm all about that, but I'd still rather use a keyboard for typing words/reports or whatever. the voice activation would make for quite a noisy office when they can easily make keyboards quieter instead.

however, direct thought input might be neat.... if you could figure out a way to filter through all of the crap and day dreams. I'm not sure if I want alot of that inputed onto a computer.... at least not at work :wink:
    direct thought input would be pretty NSFW for me, i'd need the screen to be projected onto the back of my eyes instead of a normal monitor in such circumstances :D
    nice, there is a new one approaching:

http://www.artlebedev.com/everything/optimus-tactus/
    this is likely to be produced more cheaply than the one with individual displays in each key, but lack the tactile feedback.
    interesting... not sure if i'd like that or not. although after only a few months with my iphone, i'm already getting used to no buttons weirdly enough.