so, what are you all doing then?

edited May 2010 in conversations
any interesting projects on the go? i'm currently...
  • adding a couple of product pages to an existing site,
  • imagineering a new menu format for some software,
  • ideating on a new website which will bring an existing software application to more people in the form of a web app
  • consultating on a small vinyl signs + odds job (lulz)
  • 'researching' for another application.
that's it atm, i think. though, i was kinda sure there was something else i should be doing.

so yeah, you?

Comments

• edited 10:33PM
    looking for a job... but it's 1:25 am, so bedtime I think... : |
    yeah, going to struggle to find a job at 1.25am! unless you get a jo... ok, nm, we'll leave it at that :D
    Some interesting, others not so much.

At work, a ton of stuff:
    - 16pp pensions guide
    - 8pp newsletter
    - Two pensions trustees websites
    - New stationery set for a client
    - Exhibition display (client is trying to make a dog's dinner out of it)

For myself:
    - Website for a wine merchant
    - Stationery for wine merchant
    - Website for a photographer
    - Website for a banner printer / manufacturer
    - Stationery for a banner printer / manufacturer
    - Ongoing sales 'effort'
    working on my resume ;)
    lurking
    I guess everyone else is busy being quiet then? Why no posting?
    Also, I'm going to add 'sleeping' to the list right now.
    hey, still looking for a job..! This could get monotonous, so maybe I should wait until I've found one and am back to surfing the net all day...:wink:
    so, are you out of work? (i think i must have missed that, if you'd said here before). or are you just looking for something new?

still in the 3d / illustrative realm, or considering guitar tuition? :D
    - writing MA thesis
    - finding excuses not to do MA thesis writing
    - selling copies of my literary magazine to booksellers in town, organizing public readings for my authors
    - collecting submissions and stuff for the third issue coming this fall
    - odd layouting job for a political science journal at the uni
    - developing an idea for a webpage, hopefully launching it one day
    |-> findind somene whit the tecnical skills to actually implement what I want (but am not capable of doing myself)
    - did I mention writing MA thesis... make that more adding a sentence or two to my MA thesis once in a while
    what is your MA on?
    • taking a couple of photographs for inclusion in an application as i couldn't source any cheaply (free) enough elsewhere
    chris said...what is your MA on?
    Exogamein vs. Endogamein – Intercultural Love Relationships in Literature

Impressive, huh? :tongue:
    *whoosh!*

hehe sounds very edumacational!
    yeah, busy doing nothing....you know the rest :)
    nope? i forget easily. i know you are on a support desk, supporting a windows flavour of something, but no details ;)
    When did nope become a question :D

I was referring to the somg 'busy deoing nothing' :D

The details are just boring, honest :)
    why are you still there then, if it's boring?
    (the whole point of this was to create conversation - something which is sorely lacking here, imo)
  • edited February 2011
    ah, it's you. right then, so, this resignation - what happened there dude?
  • edited February 2011
    cool story, bro!
    wow... no, mondo didn't tell us. :p

and nimmot? resumé work? is there writing on the corporate wall?

heh.. rbernato, i stared and stared at those words. exogamy? you mean like... Tarzan and Jane? cool!

doing... sheesh..

i'm getting ready for the big garden tour on the Queen's Birthday (next weekend). i've got a little brochure now and hope to gain more landscaping consults. i'm featuring microclimates this year.

i've picked up 2 more voice students. ...been specializing in teaching wannabe band members how to use their voices together.

the job that i've been designing for over 6 months is about to happen. i wrote a community grant and i'll be the first coordinator of all the island "help" services. my role will be troubleshooter. i'll be sticking very close to home. lots of phone work ( :( ) and volunteer grooming. mainly i'll use my nurse skills; the major brief is to identify and head off problems before people need urgent medical intervention. this will mean an overall cut in pay, but i'll be able to schedule all the other stuff that i do, and possibly my ancillary incomes will increase. :D my tax form this year had income from nine DIFFERENT jobs. not nine different places.. 9 diff actual types of work.

i'm almost done researching and writing another grant that will focus on expanding and legitimizing our large-tool and equipment exchange. we've a mandate to reduce greenhouse gasses, and by including chainsaws and lawn mowers, we will automagically have funds for insurance and maintenance. the TooLSheD will get a new lease on life.

this last weekend was Mr. W. Gravy's (godfather to many of us) birthday. an adjunct celebration was held. especially wonderful was the rock n' roll square dance on saturday night featuring Doug and the Slugs wearing their glowing clown noses.

i have my nurse bag packed and ready to go; i'm doing dressing changes this morning.

last night Dave the drunk ate his gun. the ambulance (yes we have one) was on another run, so his buddy came and got me. Dave did a bad job. he lived about 15 minutes after i got there. there wasn't much to be done, so i just sat there with his leaky head in my lap and talked him out the door. this morning i feel like making a pamphlet with diagrams on how to do it right.

i could go on...

;) you did ask.....
    mick <3
    just keeping my options open mick ;)
  • edited May 2010
    Mick----- "last night Dave the drunk ate his gun. the ambulance (yes we have one) was on another run, so his buddy came and got me. Dave did a bad job. he lived about 15 minutes after i got there. there wasn't much to be done, so i just sat there with his leaky head in my lap and talked him out the door. this morning i feel like making a pamphlet with diagrams on how to do it right. "

How sad that You labeled him as "Dave the drunk" Not David, not as a Friend, and to boot said he did a bad job of killing himself.. How very nice of you to want to "Make a pamphlet with diagrams on how to do it right. "

How little you know..... or care... :depressed:

From one who walks in Dave's shoes.
    yikes blues :o

sorry dude
  • edited February 2011
    I'm off on friday......hmmmm......i feel like going to a barbecue :)
    I'll bring the pig...
  • edited May 2010
    Stuff for these people and a little for these, which took me here
    Was working on this the end of last week then
    Off to London Friday, work, and Brighton, pleasure, Saturday
  • edited May 2010
    blueshead said...

How sad that You labeled him as "Dave the drunk" Not David, not as a Friend, and to boot said he did a bad job of killing himself.. How very nice of you to want to "Make a pamphlet with diagrams on how to do it right. "

How little you know..... or care... :depressed:

From one who walks in Dave's shoes.
    yeesh, blueshead. it's MY job to leap to unwarranted conclusions.

you've shared your struggle previously and i can see where you might easily project to your own situation..... and you've got such a wonderful kind heart. but...

:) that is his name. it was his name when he arrived here 25 years ago, it's how he insisted on being addressed, and he wouldn't answer to anything else. he introduced himself as such. his roommates were Dunny Dave, Bongo Bob, and Wheelchair Andy. His boat was named the Drunk Tank. when we have a memorial for him, he will be eulogized as Dave the Drunk... as he would want.

and yes... he DID IT WRONG. by all evidence he suffered terribly.

as for doing it... don't.

x
    from what i've read, there are an horrific amount of survivors of suicide attempts from firing a gun in the mouth.
    i quickly need to remember how to make a flash video player to embed on a webpage again, i have two to get done...
    you need a useful pamphlet. *nod*
    heh, that's probably my next job, in fact... :p
    Nothing much exciting - I'm working weekend shift and it's gonna be sunny as a bastard too dammit :(

Weekend is today and Friday for this week, saw a great girl on the metro, had an awesome tattoo on her arm......question is which took my attention first, girl or tattoo? :D
    I've been going over to Mississippi (Bay St.Louis) To work on an old Creole Cottage. I'm retrofitting some old windows we found in New Orleans..But we are doing a "Green" touch to them by doing some very new weatherproofing, etc to them. Kinda Interesting.. At least I'm getting some good B.B.Q over there. :smile:
    Crawling myself out of a black hole that I have been staring into for too long, both and occupationally and personally. :awkward:
    Sounds interesting blues, pics! (bbq and windows)

elliott, welcome back :)
    ai, everyone's on about BBQs, and i'm not having one :(
    BBQ'd satay tomo!
  • edited February 2011
    man, i'd love to have a bbq :'(
    I'm having a.....nah I'm not :D
    I am having one on Sunday as it's nearly MY BIRTHDAY peeps (it's on TUESDAY 25TH MAY). Ahem.

Workwise:

- Menu systems update for 14 shops
    - Promotional leaflets
    - New product launches, ice cream and desserts
    - Website update
    - Global TV Advert
    - Strategy and positioning of both businesses i work for
    - Conceptual work on interior design of restaurants
    - Anything else i can get my grubby paws on.

Wish i was round the corner Baseo, i'd be round yours in a flash with a truck of Red Stripe. (And some Guyanan Rum and perhaps something else too.)
    sausages?
    Sausages YES :D
    i heard it was a sausage fest, so you'd have been well happy, matey ;)