Cantilevered glass ballustrade

ihcihc
edited March 2007 in creations
server has crashed at work so i thought i'd share what ive been up to this week

not that you'll care but this has been a quite tricky detail. the top of the glass balustrade is due to be set at a constant 'slope' from one end of a 40m long balcony edge. the structure of the balcony, however, is made of a series of ramps and landings.

anyway, not so tricky really but i wanted to be as close to a modular solution as possible so that any bespoke supports are made up out of a set of existing parts

i'll up more as i develop it if anyone is interested :D

Comments

• edited 11:11AM
    you're right i don't care :p hehe, honestly that stuff goes right over my head but it's all cool - you're the master (or should i say mistress?) in this department i bow before thee :D
    so, the top of the glass panels will be sloped, is that what you're saying?
  • ihcihc
    edited 11:11AM
    each pane of glass will have a slope to it yes

thats because i want the ballustrade to have a neat edge sloping down from one wnd of the series of ramps to the other - rather than it tracking the floor levels and dancing around. thats not really the issue - its more the having to support that glass to a constant datum that is divorced fromt he slab that supports it

there's nothing groundbreaking here - i was just idling while i had no access to the server ;)
    Excellent, very clean work...
  • ihcihc
    edited March 2007
    the brackets

each will end up being a little bespoke but make from common elements - therefore cheaper

the tolerances are going to be quite tight - despite the packers ive included for - but most of that is take up tolerance of the cast concrete
    How's that pronounced

Bailustraid or bailustrahd?
  • ihcihc
    bal-you-strayed
  • ihcihc
    edited March 2007
    in-situ
  • ihcihc
    more in-situ and over lit :D