has just realized...

edited April 2010 in conversations
work sucks!

i don't know what happened or why it took me so long to get my blinders off but its a shit storm of chaos that i wouldn't wish on anybody.

sorry lili. if they ask you to come back lili, ask for 2x what you left at because you're going to be doing 3x the amount of work.

tired, stressed, drunk, stressed, sick to my stomach, pissed, angry, blah blah blah. woe is me. time to suck it up and work on my resume.

meet with boss about "what are my goals"...FU! my goal is to get paid what i'm derserved. let all the good people go and keep the lemmings. i'm to old and wise to suck it up and accept this shit.

drunk, more pissed, fed up, angry, more drunk, blah blah blah

not looking for a shoulder to cry on. just need to vent. time to kick myself in the ass in get things going. nite all. :)

Comments

• edited 9:58AM
    "i'm to old and wise "

Says the guy with two grammatical errors in a single sentence. ;-)

Hey Nimmy - wanna start up a freelance business with me? That's gonna be the only way to get outta the rut, brotha.

But hey - could be worse - you could be unemployed? /ducks shoe

God I hate that rationale.Life is too short to be spent being miserable.
    lol i feel like orson repsonding drunkly to my own posts :D

when did quit caring? when did i realize that manager are only note takers for their managers? when will i realize that my boss really doesn't have my best interest in mind and is only paying lip service to the asses he kisses?

blah blah blah...more questions, more beer, more angry, more drunk...blah blah blah :D
    ook mds! good to see you my friend. :)
    God. I leave the place for a few years and I come back to find Nimmy's become a huge, gaping vajayjay?

Dude - Make your luck. Don't count on your managers to try and help you out. Hate to say it, but the ones that do are kind of rare.

My advice? Find some freelance that will help you do what YOU want to do... and you can balance the bs with complete control on the side stuff.

Or buy more grey goose. That works too. ;-)
    LMFAO!!! thanks mds, i needed that. :D
    no problem. I've been in bad spots too. It gets better. You just have to keep your head up so that you don't miss it/clichéd sayings 101
    ;) not completely sure what acting like a big gaping vayjayjay is, but the imagery i've got going right now is helping me think about a project.

nimmot, something that jumped out at me in what you said is "my boss really doesn't have my best interest in mind". bold that. double.

we do roar when we notice the trap, don't we? it'd be great if you had the time (between bux-work and family life) to go indie.

you're such a good man, and so very talented; you deserve better (handsome and virile, too). *hug*

[hide]that will be 50 dollars; i'll invoice you on the first as usual. :D[/hide]
    Nimmot, I am sorry to hear that. I have had no calls or emails as of yet. I knew it was coming after people were let go back in September, me being one of them. Plus people leaving and being replaced by others that don't know the work flow in that department very well. Me...I would just be happy having a job right now. I know I would be doing a crap ton more work but financial security would be nice. It would only last for about another year or so till the economy gets back to a good place. Either he doesn't get the errors he is making in the department or he has his hands tied behind his back and is getting orders from above him. I am thinking pretty soon....when everyone is gone, they will get the picture.

Head up buttercup! :smile:
    mick said...;) not completely sure what acting like a big gaping vayjayjay is, but the imagery i've got going right now is helping me think about a project.

nimmot, something that jumped out at me in what you said is "my boss really doesn't have my best interest in mind". bold that. double.

we do roar when we notice the trap, don't we? it'd be great if you had the time (between bux-work and family life) to go indie.

you're such a good man, and so very talented; you deserve better (handsome and virile, too). *hug*

[hide]that will be 50 dollars; i'll invoice you on the first as usual. :D[/hide]
    What she says ^

But I charge less!
    Fix up your resume, get an online folio sorted if needed, get some business cards done, start putting yourself out there. Start with family, work outwards, soon you'll hit it of with a client, work hard and you'll enjoy it...

Just done that for a nearly a year, and my main private client has just hired me full time.
  • edited April 2010
    I hasten to add, ensure you have some financial muscle behind you, as you have a family etc before you make the leap. I've literally worked two jobs for years, a day and evening private work, so i sort of knew i could pull it off if i actually bothered to use my brain. Making the leap forces you to do that, but it's great being on your toes. You're an aimable lovely fella Nim, and i bet you'll build rapport with clients very quick. Working for the man sucks. I wish you the very best.