Thank You..British Petroleum..!

edited April 2010 in conversations
BP, the operator of the Deepwater Horizon (or what's left of it at the bottom of the Gulf off Louisiana), announced its first-quarter profits today, and boy are they impressive: $6.2 billion, roughly double what they were a year ago.
And by this weekend..Your Ineptitude will cause catastrophic damage to the Sea Coast of where I live (Louisiana).. Your mistake is set to wipe out 90% of shellfish and other fish Nurseries in the Gulf of Mexico :( You Fuckwads!
From the air, the thickest parts of the spill resembled rust-colored tentacles of various thickness. The air was thick with the acrid smell of petroleum.
Amid several of the thicker streaks, four gray whales could be seen swimming, and one of them appeared to be rolling and curling as if struggling or disoriented. It was not clear if the whale was in danger.

Comments

• edited 2:00PM
    i blame humans for this, rather than just bp.
    yeah, i'd also say "it's all our fault". that's like blaming the dope dealer for your crack habit.

in the meantime, burn it with fire!
    mick said...yeah, i'd also say "it's all our fault". that's like blaming the dope dealer for your crack habit.

in the meantime, burn it with fire!

Good Idea Mick..i've always wanted try "Blackened Whale Sushi"... :0
    i've always found whale meat to be too oily. :)

they're desperately trying to do SOMETHING, i know. isolating and burning can "get" 90% of the oil once they've got it corralled. (ideal circumstances).

i'd like you to see the oil shale grounds in Alberta after the desperate harvest of petroleum has been done. nothing as dramatic, but a series of uglinesses have left a sorry mess and made permanent devastating changes in the course of stripping the oil out.

i'm appalled and ashamed by what's happening in the Gulf, blues'.... appalled and weary at Yet Another Clusterfuck in the name of sucking down all the lucrative resources. I've done some time cleaning marine animals that were coated with spilled oil. most of them die anyway. :(
  • edited May 2010
    Mick---- (they're desperately trying to do SOMETHING, i know. isolating and burning can "get" 90% of the oil once they've got it corralled. (ideal circumstances).

Ya.. They are as desperate as an Ostrich... With his head up his butt..

“BP suggested in a 2009 exploration plan and environmental impact analysis for the well that an accident leading to a giant crude oil spill -- and serious damage to beaches, fish and mammals -- was unlikely, or virtually impossible”

Too late now.. let the dice roll.. :(

Oh mick.. They did a burn.. lmao.. It got a whole 500 gallons..
  • edited May 2010
    "Regulators have previously identified problems in the cementing process as a leading cause of well blowouts, in which oil and natural gas surge out of a well with explosive force. When cement develops cracks or doesn't set properly, oil and gas can escape, ultimately flowing out of control." http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748703572504575214593564769072.html

Halliburton had finished a major cementing job on the well 20 hours before it exploded on the 20th.

"Halliburton also was the cementer on a well that suffered a big blowout last August in the Timor Sea, off Australia. The rig there caught fire and a well leaked tens of thousands of barrels of oil over 10 weeks before it was shut down. The investigation is continuing; Halliburton declined to comment on it."

The week before the explosion, Halliburton bought out a major oil well fire fighting company. Good timing for them.
  • edited May 2010
    Well (no pun intended), no matter what.. By American Law..BP is responsible. period

it's like a diner, I hire a waiter..he drops hot soup on you.. I get sued..
    Yeah, best to just stick with that faultless legal system, eh ;)
    (not that I've got anything against raising the pitchforks and going on a BP witch hunt, of course - they are likely cnuts anyway)
    i should have surrounded that "SOMETHING" with sarcasm tags. ;) it was fairly obvious that burning was something they had to try, but ... no one really thought it would help much, if at all.

they don't have a clue how to fix that leak.

i wish it hadn't taken a horrifying disaster like this to make them rethink offshore drilling. :(

leak

that photo, and many more were in a spread published on April 30 by The Big Picture
  • edited May 2010
    The US can chase BP, who have already say they'll pay and BP can chase Halliburton who may just have f*!cked up... though of course we'll pay really, when BP have to put there costs up, somewhere to recoup this. ^ Think someone has already said, we are all to blame, we want the damn fuel... um, where's does the phrase gas-guzzler come from? :)
    Rig made in asia, owned by americans, work being done by halibutheads, rig leased by BP so BP pays cleanup costs etc

However i agree with peak, and in anycase, i don't see BP paying billions, try insurance companies and our premiums etc or the cost of fuel going up!