Voice Recognition Software

pjpj
edited October 2009 in advice
hello all-

i was wondering if anyone has any suggestions for software that i can basically use to transcribe from something written on paper to the computer that also will convert that into a text file. is there such a thing? any help with this GREATLY appreciated :)

cheers!
pj

Comments

• edited 10:48AM
    Wouldn't OCR be better for this?
  • pjpj
    edited 10:48AM
    any suggestions on that? because i tried to get it to understand my handwriting with no luck hehe
  • edited October 2009
    PJ you need to clarify this more.. The title of your thread says "Voice Recognition" but you say you want to copy hand written to text!.. biff is right on OCR (use a scanner to copy to text) If thats what you want, after its scanned to text you can use text edit to "speak" the words and record to audio..
  • pjpj
    the ocr doesn't seem to like my handwriting so i thought perhaps if i could speak what i wrote that would be better. i was asking if there is VR software that can then translate that sound file into a text file. does that make more sense?
  • edited 10:48AM
    pj said...the ocr doesn't seem to like my handwriting so i thought perhaps if i could speak what i wrote that would be better. i was asking if there is VR software that can then translate that sound file into a text file. does that make more sense?

MacSpeech Dictate - or Dragon Naturally Speaking for PC. They are not very easy animals to hunt, cough,cough. good luck
  • pjpj
    cough, cough, thanks :D
  • edited October 2009
    v