Placing HTML into an email in Mail?

edited October 2009 in advice
Hi,

I've been looking all over and only seem to find really long articles on "creating" the html for an email.

I just want to use and image and make it a link. Ive written the code...but how do I get it into my email message?

Thanks for your help, I appreciate it.
-e

Comments

• edited 12:05AM
    That's it? Here's what you do:

1. Open Mail.
    2. Make a new email.
    3. Drag (or insert) your image into the email. Place it wherever.
    4. Click on the image to select it. You might need to highlight it, like you would for text.
    5. Go to the Edit menu, and click Add Link.
    6. Enter your link, then click OK.

You can test your link by either sending the email to yourself, or clicking another text area (such as the Subject field) and then trying to click on your picture.

Works for me! Just tried it in Apple Mail for 10.6, though I'm sure this works on older versions.
    I'll give it a shot, thanks flak.
    Flak = Biff 2.0 :D
  • Ve.Ve.
    edited 12:05AM
    :wink:
  • Ve.Ve.
    edited 12:05AM
    I was ecstatic when flak taught me how to do this...
    Thanks flack! Works grrrreat
    Biff said...Flak = Biff 2.0 :D
    Heh - you're the guy I go to, when I need help. :D
    Well it looks like this doesnt work in Entourage. It breaks the url out from the image.
    Booo...

Anyone know anyway around that?

Thanks again!
    Nick
    Nope, Entourage breaks all html, but try this.
    echoes said...Well it looks like this doesnt work in Entourage. It breaks the url out from the image.
    Booo...

Anyone know anyway around that?

Thanks again!
    Nick
    Why did you not say you were using..erk, erk.. a microshaft program when you posted?.. heeeeeeeeeeeee!

:smile:
    Thanks Meska. Is that for creating hyperlinked text inside of Entourage? I need to create hyperlinked images that show up for people using Entourage?
    blueshead said...

Why did you not say you were using..erk, erk.. a microshaft program when you posted?.. heeeeeeeeeeeee!

:smile:
    Im not using entourage, but the people who I would send my emails to are. :tongue:
    you may want to consider moving away from apple mail to send any html emails.
    chris said...you may want to consider moving away from apple mail to send any html emails.
    Do you have a recommendation?
    not exactly. i've used maxbulk mailer in the past, though. ;)
  • edited December 2009