[EVIL SPECWORK] Design Something that will be Sat Upon by 3 Million People per Day

edited August 2009 in conversations
From graphics to roundels, tube stations to textiles, Transport for London is steeped in a history of innovative design. As part of the gradual refurbishment of London’s transport system, Transport for London and London Underground are pleased to announce an open competition to design a new seating moquette for use on the Underground system. The winning design, which will initially launch on the Piccadilly line, will then be adopted across the London Underground system. This is your chance to become part of the fabric of London design and transport history and for your work to be seen by over 3 million tube users every day.

Entrants are invited to submit up to two repeat pattern textile designs using the colours specified in the design brief remembering that your design will be used for public seating so will need to be commercially viable and take into consideration wear and tear and soiling.

The winner will receive a design fee of £5,000 which includes copyright purchase.

CLOSING DATE 14th September before 5.00pm GMT.
Moquette Competitions

Comments

• edited 9:47PM
    I thought you guys didn't like specwork?
    Biff said...I thought you guys didn't like specwork?
    :happy:
    its a competition
    teehee!

there's lots of hate on competitions that many people see as just spec work.

threadless is specwork, too. the users on there hate spec work.
    we spend half our (Architects) lives doing competitions
    yeah, competitions are fine - if you don't like the idea of it, don't do it, my overly complicated views on it all :)
    See, I thought this thread was going to be about the public bathrooms in New York City.