holy giant murals, batman!

edited March 2007 in creations
“For years now, the London Underground have been running their underground art programme 'Platform For Art' in order to promote London's eclectic art scene and to entertain and enlighten commuters on the cities bustling underground.

Gloucester Road Tube station has been graced with the imaginative and beautiful work of artist Chiho Aoshima , who's digital prints on vinyl cover all 17 arches of the underground station. City Glow, Mountain Whisper , is on display until the end of the month and is Aoshima's first solo exhibition. The inspiring landscape she has created runs along all 17 archways which sees the scene graduate from day to night and from urban to rural. With such a rich visual focal point to enjoy whilst traveling, one can almost enjoy the daily commute. By Andy G

Comments

• edited 2:15PM
    makes a cool tube station, i love her work - check her out here and some of her other work
    Which pillar gets you to Hogwarts?
    Biff:Which pillar gets you to Hogwarts?
    i can't quite remember, better try them all ;)

*bump* ow...
  • ihcihc
    edited March 2007
    this is the latest in quite a number of really great stuff at gloucester road tube - i forget the name but there was an awsome set of handdrawn scribbly ink type sketches that when blown up huge were really beautiful.

<aside>i still call these things muriels - have done since childhood</aside>
    ihc, that's cute :D