F*ck this life.

edited July 2009 in conversations
I'm just so fucked up right now. My wife's gradparents were going to take a 100k loan to purchase a house from Turku area - it was relatively cheap for where it is. (We're talking 150k+ around Paattinen...) that we'd have rented from them, paying the debt little by little. All seemed well, for the manager had asked about the houses condition check and other stuff - and you guessed it, the asshole refused. I'd really much like to seek out his residence and plant a bomb in there... Now, we're forced to move to some crappy two-roomer in some crappy apartment building in some crappy area filled with boozers and/or junkies. This just proves that life is crap after all. Oh, I wonder which comes next, I'll be fired or the car blows? Either of those would be just suitable followings.

Comments

• edited 2:58AM
    chin up man. we all go thru rough spots in our lives. things will get better, believe me. just use it as a motivator to not end up in this same position again. hang in there and take stock in the important things in your life...your family. be thankful that you have loving inlaws who are able and willing to help you out. life isn't always crap. be positive and make the most of it. stay motivated and focused and things will change for the better. :)
    Well, this summer has been great after a year of depression - we moved to a smallish cabin near my wife's grandparents, on the countryside. There's been alot to do here and well, there's a baby on it's way too. What I'm afraid of is the flatlife - will I plunge back to the dephts? If so, it'll be divorce. It would be a lot easier if I was unemployed, for here in finland it seems to be a common practice to punish those who work for the living.
    puh, off I go, need to sleep. dunno why I even think of these things anymore.
    yeah fuck this life .. fuck it hard .. in the ass
    oh Crims.... you must be so disappointed. :(

i've got all kinds of cheery things to say, you know.

i won't go all susie sunshine on you, but i will say that i believe you and Dame Crimson can do what you need to do to get through. you'll also be showing your child again that adversity can be coped with.

if you think you're going end up in a small apartment for the winter, then i guess you should start getting organized now. do you and your family have formal sit-down discussions about how you'll manage things? negotiation and pre-emptive strategies for daily life, including conflict resolution is pretty important when the days are long and dark and your quarters are crowded and cramped.

x
    Hey, yes there is the temptation to be miss or mr sunshine when you hear someone call out but don't go giving in there! Things do turn round, especially if you keep looking our for that opening. Easy to say I know but you've been round long enough to know others have been through the mill and out the other side.

You take care now, especially if you take base's advice (remember, wear protection ;))
    congrats on the baby, crims!
    mick: we'll end up holed in there... without hope of anything better - there's nothing to save from after rent etc.
    peak': I've managed to think that way through the years hardships, but it's waning down.

I just hope nothing else comes this way...
    Cheer up.. You could be living my life..
    my shit but wonderful as well!
  • Ve.Ve.
    edited 2:58AM
    squapple said...my shit but wonderful as well!

It is always hard for folks in trouble, no matter what the troubles are, to see that life is horrible and then...sometimes very very wonderful. Politics and ppl en masse lately makes me see *horrible*...but (and I am not tribulation free) in the big picture?...I am glad I was *invited to the party*.

I'm just sayin'
    :smile:
    Mine is only shit because of my health though. Apart from that its wonderful.

Chins up people :)

Hi Ve!
  • Ve.Ve.
    edited 2:58AM
    'allo,sweetie! :happy::happy::happy::happy::happy:

(I am hugging you)
  • edited July 2009
    F**k this fife
  • edited July 2009
    Crims, you have my utmost sympathy. i know it's bad. i've lived in similar situations, so, though i'm not you, i've a clue as to what it's going to be like.

i can only recommend some coping strategies:

•exercise your child outdoors for at least an hour twice daily; it's vital for living with a small child in a cramped space.

•pack some of your chiid's toys away. there won't be space for a big stack of toys. a while later, you re--introduce them (removing something else); it will seem like new toys to him.

•designate a space for each person in the apartment that is theirs, with no complaint from anyone else as to what is there, or how tidy it is.... and the rest of the living space be kept really sorted out by everyone.

•provide for privacy, even if it's in name only. blanket room dividers or something similar.

•make a firm commitment to not murder anyone, no matter how much they fart.

i know it looks bleak; i also know you can hang in there until the bad times are behind you.

*HUG*
  • da F - it's been six and half years! My kid is now six, and we divorced few years ago, still in good relations with his mom. But. Back in '11 I got sacked, went to school, and burnt out. Then came suspicion of bipolar. And rest is history. It's been suspicion since '13... I'm still hanging in here, my sleep pattern is totally shot and I've no target. Just being a good father really doesn't count. Besides, even with my son in here, I cannot sleep. Major bummer.
  • Heya crims! Good to see you, and glad you are doing ok (even if it feels like you really aren't).

:)
  • Hey DMC'! Wow, six years. A lots happened!

Yes, good to see your name pop-up… keep going.
  • good to see you DMC :)
  • Crims! Hang in there dude. Good to see that you're about ;)