Apple's iPhone apps... there's a lot of 'em.

edited June 2009 in conversations
At Apple's Worldwide Developers Conference (WWDC) in San Francisco, an App wall has been installed in the lobby of the Moscone Center, featuring one icon for each of the existing iPhone Apps, and whenever someone somewhere purchases an App for an iPhone, its icon pulsates on the wall. The result is an undulating wall reminiscent of a roiling sea. The number of Apps on the wall is astonishing; apparently, it's no hyperbole when the voiceover in the iPhone commercial says, "There's an App for that."
i'm boggled.

Comments

• edited 10:46PM
    That is pretty fu£kin amazing!
  • edited July 2009
    OK I know I am so behind but I've been waiting for the 3gs for quite a while.
    I GOT THE LIGHT SABER APP!!! kewl

excuse me while I embarrass my man in public.
    The new lightsaber app sucks- the original was much better.
    Biff said...The new lightsaber app sucks- the original was much better.
    KILL JOY!:tongue:
    you can still embarrass your man, babyT. ;) that is always worth it.
    mick said...you can still embarrass your man, babyT. ;) that is always worth it.
    I loaded my lightsaber and had the volume high and swung my iphone around at my hunny in the restaurant. :P
    ah good times good times.
    mmmmmmmmmm

i hate at&t for not working inside our house: front lawn - yes, backyard - yes, confines of our house - no, boooooooooooooo.
    i read this morning that the iPhone apps store has more than 400 fart apps. how cool is that? :)
    mick said...i read this morning that the iPhone apps store has more than 400 fart apps. how cool is that? :)
    I HAVE ONE! YESSSS more things to embarrass my bf and kids. (EVIL)
    The app store desperately needs piracy. Makes for a good ecosystem.

That way, people aren't making millions of dollars on fart apps - because that's really sad.
    yea for free
  • edited July 2009
    The app store has got piracy. :D
    My impressions of jailbreaking is that it's not a straightforward process, and the average person is likely to screw it up.

All to run whatever code that they choose to run - something their Macs can do without any hacking.

there's apparently one for the London Underground, as well.
  • edited October 2009
    soon there will be even more useful apps for the iPhone.

i bet that something like this is already being developed.

scan a man
    flak said...My impressions of jailbreaking is that it's not a straightforward process, and the average person is likely to screw it up.

All to run whatever code that they choose to run - something their Macs can do without any hacking.
    I hear you, personally i think no one on the dev team can explain stuff clearly! I've been jailbreaking my idevices since the ipod touch 1g, and it is now second nature. I am also much more aware of how the iphone/ipod touch works in terms of the mechanics behind the baseband and OS, something you would never ever find out unless you did jailbreak. Apple have been very smart IMHO with regards to marketing the iphone as a closed device, when in fact they still haven't closed the hole into the bootloading process. They've had a few years to sort it, but they know homebrew is what got them their products out in the marketplace in the first place, it would be a travesty to break that link between the consumer and the developer.
    I hope so. Good point, the Apple I wouldn't have existed without homebrew. Apple would do well to remember their past (though that was more Woz, than Jobs).

I'm going for an iPhone first, but maybe one day I'll give Android a shot. Hopefully it's much more mature in a year or two.
  • edited October 2009
    mick said...

there's apparently one for the London Underground, as well.
    It's amazing.
    Hipstamatic
    The Hipstamatic for iPhone is an application that brings back the look, feel, unpredictable beauty, and fun of plastic toy cameras from the past.

Some examples I took earlier:

thanks, nicko, gonna give it a try
    I just had a look for it on installous, but couldn't find it:(;)
    That's because you have to part with a massive £1.19 for the pleasure :wink:
    ARRRR! ;)
    apparently, not any more ;)
    Eeee, bloody thing needs OS3.1, and I'm on 3.0.1... Heh
    what is a cootie?
  • edited January 2010
    urbansurgeon said...what is a cootie?
    Wikipedia--
    Cooties is a non-scientific term in North American English used by children for an imaginary "disease" said to infect through contact. The term may have originated with references to lice, fleas and other pests. A child is said to "catch" cooties through any form of bodily contact, proximity, or touching of an "infected" person. The phrase is most commonly used by children aged 5–10; however it is also used by many others older than 10 years of age.[1] Girls are carriers of the "disease [2] Blueshead has never had Cooties".
    Blueshead has cooties, I'm telling Mom!
  • edited January 2010
    http://www.freeappaday.com/
    nicko said...
    :) not that it doesn't look like fun; it's just that someone's going to mistake it for making music.
    He tricked me into enjoying Lenny Kravitz!

No seriously, it looks good for learning musical concepts (like Guitar Hero), but it's not really making music.