Hulu Desktop (beta)

edited May 2009 in conversations
Hulu Desktop is a lean-back viewing experience for your personal computer. It features a sleek new look that's optimized for use with standard Windows Media Center remote controls or Apple remote controls, allowing you to navigate Hulu's entire library with just six buttons. For users without remotes, the application is keyboard and mouse-enabled. Hulu Desktop is a downloadable application and will work on PCs and Macs. It will initially launch as a beta product during which we plan to gather and incorporate user feedback to improve the service.

Minimum requirements: Intel Pentium Core Duo 2.0GHz At least 2.0 GB of RAM Mac OS X v10.4 (Tiger) or later 2 Mbps Internet connection Flash 9.0.124

http://www.hulu.com/labs/hulu-desktop

Edit-- It seems to run fine on my macbook with a meager 1 gig ram...

Comments

• edited 3:29PM
    it's still US-only, right?

i'm jealous. :p
    there are ways to bypass that small detail :)
    oh?

do tell.

i suppose there's also a way to get past the BBC's stubborn insistence at only serving up their content to the people that actually paid for it, too?

*fingers crossed*
    Google is your friend, O lazy ones....

http://www.ideas2o.com/web/watch-your-favorite-tv-shows-on-hulu-outside-usa-for-free
    it must be true: if you know what to ask for, santa google will come through.

thanks, blues'. i had no idea what the search string should look like.
  • edited June 2009
    mick said...i had no idea what the search string should look like.
    really? i would have thought "how to watch hulu outside US" would have sprung to mind
  • edited June 2009
    would it now? how very logical that sounds in hindsight. it might be that i conflated the problem in my mind to something with a slightly more arcane complexity.

(laughing, here)
    and i'm just in time... i got interested probably about the same time they decided they're going to start charging for content.

;) that didn't last long.
    Hmmm.. I just tuned in,, no charge or mention of it.. must be a Canuck thing, howsoever..I'm watching "Firefly" and it's sponsored by Microsoft's new search engine calleg "Bing" lolololo
  • edited June 2009
    If Hulu starts charging, there's always piracy. Yarr!
    flak said...If Hulu starts charging, there's always piracy. Yarr!
    I, of course..would never choose that path.
    i did jump the gun, sorry. Hulu is going to start charging for content. they haven't implemented it yet.

yarr mileage may vary. ;)
    Seems that the Hulu app knows when you are proxifying. The bastard. Any ideas round this?
    blues' and Be-jot pointed out to me upstream, that "Hotspot Shield" is the way to go.

now... ;) got a fix for the Beeb?
    Hotspot Shield rule #11

No Unlawful or Prohibited Use

As a condition of your use of this Site, you will not use the Services for any purpose that is unlawful or prohibited by these terms, conditions, and notices. You may not use the Services in any manner that could damage, disable, overburden, or impair any AnchorFree server, or the network(s) connected to any AnchorFree server, or interfere with any other party's use and enjoyment of any Services. You may not attempt to gain unauthorized access to any Services, other accounts, computer systems or networks connected to any AnchorFree server or to any of the Services, through hacking, password mining or any other means. You may not obtain or attempt to obtain any materials or information through any means not intentionally made available through the Services."

:wink:
    Nah it knows when Hotspot Shield is on, i may have dl a slightly later version of the app. Ah well.
    meska said...Nah it knows when Hotspot Shield is on, i may have dl a slightly later version of the app. Ah well.
    ahh meska.. actually try Hotspot and access Hulu with a browser.. I don't think Hotspot works with the app..
    kk dude