25-50 cheap USB Pen/Thumb drives - where to get them?

edited May 2009 in advice
Fazyluckers, I need your advice!

I need about 25-50 ideally dirt cheap sub 512MB USB pendrives for a project of mine --- I thought of the usual retail chains and found a 1GB model for as low as 5 € but I'd be happy with half the storage and half the price :tongue: My budget doesn't allow for big expenses, so I'd even be happy for a third of the storage and a third of the price --- especially since the pen drives are a means of shipping digital content via snailmail in a fancy way. I am going to have them customized with Fimo or something similar, so basically shape, color and size doesn't mattter...

I need to find a good balance of costs and storage capacity... I was considering CDs in lieu of USB pen drives but CDs aren't as rugged and may break and scratch in a regular envelope and buying jewel cases moves costs per unit in a ballpark where small usb keys can be had too (I assume, bue-eyed :wink:), so I really like to go for USB keys ;)

My question thus is: where can I get a smaller batch of USB keys for around or ideally under € 30,00?

Any input?

Comments

• edited May 2009
  • edited 10:21AM
    ^ Thanks --- that is a great resource for cheap high capacity (2+GB) thumb drives but that isn't really what I am after (tho' I might buy one of the cheper 16GB ones on that page :tongue:)

BUT: I am after some really small USB keys that are so cheap you basically can afford to give them away ;)
    I'll let you know if i find some....:smile:
  • edited May 2009
    What about the kinda place that does printed promotional material on stuff like badges, pens, and usb drives?

they usually do bulk orders, and the stuff is often dirt cheap
  • edited May 2009
    was thinking the same thing, something like these guys: http://www.usbcompany.co.uk/
    McKs, meska good resources, thank you. Especially Sevendayshop looks promising for small numbers -- I'll ask for a quote by the usbcompany, lets see how steep the price is for a short run :)

I was thinking of pillaging booths that give away USB keys at the next trade show/fair in town and crack them open, mod them or scratch away the logo :wink::happy:
    Paint. Use an acrylic spraypaint.