If you got an email from the graphic design staffing dept at apple …

edited March 2007 in conversations
… asking to see more of your work, what would do you think that means? besides the obvious, "would love to see more of your work".

Do you think it means more examples on my website? or i would like you to send me more? or would you like a job?

Comments

• edited 11:45PM
    That means WOO HOOO!!! Congrats!!! This is a really good thing.
    I would think it means they like what they see, and are hoping the rest of the stuff you have matches up with its level.

Perhaps send them hi--res pdfs of your work.

More than likely they are scouting for designers.

Would this be in Cali? Or AU?
    i'm pretty sure they are checking your work for copyright infringement. you goin' down, sonny! gets yourself some soap-on-a-rope!
  • ihcihc
    edited 11:45PM
    it might mean a longlisting for a job interview or it might mean they will feature you as a pro user!
    Why are you posting here? Ask them! :p
    jussi, it's well known that most of the designers at apple are members here, especially the ones with the power to hire and fire.

/me waves at apple designers
    I just got an email this morning and was trying to figure out how to reply.

My best stuff (such as it is) is on the website and i sort of wondered why you need to see more. Or I wasn't sure if she just meant that there should more commercial work on my website in general or if whether in fact it was an invitation to send more. I didn't want to load up an email with loads of stuff and then find out she just meant she liked my website and that was all.

I would assume cali. I'd like a job at apple.

Also there is a child arriving at our house next week some time.

happy days
    First and foremost, don't dither around. Do it now. You can always send an email to the address you have and ask what kind of format she wants.

Afaik, all the graphic folks for Apple are in the US, not always California.
  • ihcihc
    edited 11:45PM
    they have distributed marketing divisions worldwide however - maybe hong kong / tokyo ?
    well it's Cupertino, California.

crap
    If you go for an interview, make sure of the re-imbursement ahead of time. I've read that the funds have been badly delayed for a lot of people, and that's a long trip for an interview. (they DO re-imburse, though)

you can't imagine how happy i am that you got the recognition, at least.. AND how unsurprised i am. :) :) :)

x
    okay everyone say it with me,

"I knew Jesse when......."
    i hate that talented prick! :p
    My wife told me a few days ago, Apple have been phoning me every other day for the last 1 month, but i'm never home to receive the call...
    I'm starting there tomorrow as AD :smile: oh... I didn't tell you? ooops
    i turned them down twice so far, the money isn't good enough.
    I would have taken it but the offer sucked so bad, I had to kick steve in the sack.

Well. That and I have zero graphic design skills.
  • ihcihc
    edited March 2007
    plus you couldn't take that job AND still be head of their hardware division
    true.