can i get an opinion on this USB auxiliary display?

edited December 2008 in advice
it looks useful. i can't afford 2 screens, but a small display for my IM window or PS tools would be cool.
A single USB connection from your computer gets you an instant secondary (tertiary, quaternary, quinary...) display. This awesome display is perfect for your IM client, your email, a spreadsheet, or your Photoshop tools. Not only do these displays enhance productivity, but they look great. The single USB connection combined with a weight of 1.3 pounds means these displays are ultra-portable. Drivers are in English and work in XP, XP-64, Vista, Vista 64, and OS X*
The Gadgeteers

Comments

• edited 8:31AM
    At $130 USD, it's a bit pricey. 17" full size LCD panels can be had for that.
    i'm pretty embarrased to admit that i didn't even look at the price; i made assumtions... like "smaller must be cheaper".

eh.. there's no room on my desk for another display of any size (i have NECESSARY things on the desk *nod*).

thanks, pal. :)
    Get a second desk? There's always the floor. :D
  • edited December 2008
    Since yer running OSX.. just use Spaces.. you can set up audio noises and dock bounce ups for your IM as an alert.. and you have an imac now? I'd just buy a cheap LCD as biff suggested.. It's on a stand and takes up no deskspace.. + you can screenspan,etc.. I mean.. they want $130 fer a tiny screen that connects on USB.. If your desk is next to a wall.. You can remove the stand from the LCD and mount it on the wall like a picture..
    Make sure that you're not forced to mirror the second monitor, either.
    flak said...Make sure that you're not forced to mirror the second monitor, either.
    And never mirror me.. never
    mimes are bad, mmmmkay?

good advice, people. thank you. i have considering to restart. :D