formatting page numbers in indesign

edited October 2008 in advice
can anyone tell me a way to set the formatting of page number markers in InDesign such that Page 1 reads as Page 01 but Page 10 has no leading Zero?

thanks

Comments

• edited 9:15PM
    we're using CS3
    pita.

either use a different master page for the first 9 pages, or use chapters for them and fiddle in "numbering and sections options" in the pages pallet.
    This is easy in Quark. Just sayin.
    Put a Section Marker on the first page, then go to Numbering & Sections options and set the section prefix to 0. If you want the pages to number 01, 02, . . . 10, 11, . . . etc ,you will have to start a new section for each. One for 01-09, another for 10-99. The section numbering is done in the document, not the master pages.

^ that has been butchered a little from a typophile post. but basically what i meant in my earlier post.

if only they had a leading zero style option for page numbering, i don't get it. maybe cs4... *cough*
    yes i already had figured the section hack - just remembered how easy it used to be in quark

i haven't done much dtp for documents in indesign just single page layouts so most of my extended working knowledge is for quark
    it'll be easiest to do it by hand - it's only ten pages, aye.