Identity Theft

edited September 2008 in advice
I lost some bundle of documents out of my bag as i whizzed home on my new bike this evening ... weeeee ... when i realised and raced back i found them strewn all over the place with tyre marks and some in a prickly bush.

they were all non consequential things i rpinted out and were only really for short term reference apart from on which was a form i had started to fill out.

guess which one i couldnt find when i searched

other than being v.annoyed with mysefl what's the worst i can expect.

info on form as follows:

name, dob, NI number, employers name, daughters name and dob and a signature.

not on form:

any form of address for myself or employer
any bank details of any kind

i figure it could fake someone's NI card to try and squeal benefits but the uk gov says you aren't liable for any fraud caused in your name of that kind. only if youve lost a credit card and not reported it.

all the uk gove FAQs assume financial fraud has already taken place and not a single general enquiries address. any thoughts?

Comments

• edited 10:58AM
    The info is available online, too, so I wouldn't worry too much about it.

If someone wants that info, it's not that difficult to find anyway. Someone honest will probably pick up the papers and throw them away, or at the very least, let them rot in the street.
    its a scabby part of town - one im always happy to whizz through - rotting is the best i can hope for
    Maybe they're too stupid to steal your identity, then? :D