Google Chrome

Comments

• edited 9:17AM
    Looks good, but it'll have to be excellent to get me to switch away from Safari.
    tl; dr
    how can comic be too long? more pictures than words :D
  • edited September 2008
    i clicked "next" on 24 pages, too long.
    I didn't find it engaging enough to stick around and find out what Google Chrome might be...some things just...shouldn't be comics...

really bad comic
    yes. quite a very long read (too long). it does however sound very interesting. :)
    couldn't be bothered to read the comic, but it sounds like it's worth a gander
    That comic made me want to stab my eyes out... it was everything a comic should not be. Not a good start, bastards.
    They released a Windows version today. It's been in development for years, and somehow Google can't manage a simultaneous release?
    It's dead fast. Impressive.
    i'm on loaned PC laptop after the Hurricane.. I'm posting from Chrome..It's a fast Motherfucker..
  • edited September 2008
    i gave it a spin but i felt like i was cheating on FF so i switched back :awkward:
    ^ lol, me also :D

ff is fer me as a rule, although i think it could be quite handy on my ibook in place of ff
  • edited September 2008
    i thought they may have coded in a IE javascript mimicry so it would work on all the sites the programmers have only bothered make work in IE

sadly not
    urbansurgeon said...i thought they may have coded in a IE javascript mimicry so it would work on all the sites the programmers have only bothered make work in IE

sadly not
    I guess this means Programmers suck..
  • no they are just fazyluckers
    Your data = Google's data

:awkward:
  • edited September 2008
    dunno if that is just a hoax but I read somewhere that actually there is something with firefox's search field thingy that is/can be used by google to gather data. though I think it is not compulsory, rather you can "choose to help google improving search results" or some similarly euphemism for letting google spy on you.

... will do a google search (sic!) and see if I can find this bit of info again...
  • edited September 2008
    ... ok, seems to be the anti-fishing thingy, not the search thingy -> http://slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=07/09/25/1622229
    SIMON SAYS

your logo sucks
    And the not windoze version is available…?
    its nifty for sure
    so, google are fixing internet explorer, too!

http://code.google.com/chrome/chromeframe/

Google Chrome Frame is an early-stage open source plug-in that seamlessly brings Google Chrome's open web technologies and speedy JavaScript engine to Internet Explorer. With Google Chrome Frame, you can:
    • Start using open web technologies - like the HTML5 canvas tag - right away, even technologies that aren't yet supported in Internet Explorer 6, 7, or 8.
    • Take advantage of JavaScript performance improvements to make your apps faster and more responsive.