the girl effect

edited June 2008 in creations
the girlf effect

Comments

• edited 8:30PM
    Would it be unfair to call that sexist?

I'm all for equality - with race, sexual preference, gender...but this does not promote equality, it promotes one particular gender over another.

Maybe I'm being too sensitive, I dunno.
    I've seen this and I have to say it's a pretty big leap
    [hide] to say that by giving a girl a school uniform that she will get a loan for a cow and that her 1 cow will turn into a herd and that she will bring water to the village and all the men will respect her and yeah the world isn't a mess anymore[/hide]
    If she gets a school uniform, doesn't that open her up to tentacle attack?
    and how does 1 cow become a herd? does chris live in this village? :p
    on one hand, i'm happy to see that YOUNG-HAE CHANG's style is becoming popular.

otoh, there are quite a few well-established micro-loan foundations already (they are very effective), and this group is just piggybacking.

so.. they "stole" 2 good ideas.

there is something vaguely .. maybe not sexist.. but patronising, nonetheless, about the presentation.
    I like the logo, but I've seen the rest before.

Actually...

I may have seen the logo before too...
  • edited June 2008
    What if you replaced girl with boy? Would "the boy effect" not be just as plausible? I don't get it. What if it were gender neutral and just called "the child effect"? Is it limited to one girl per village so she can be the sole hero or can there be multiples? If every girl in the village got a loan for a cow, that might explain how the herd came into existence. I assume the school uniform has magical powers...or is there a school that comes with the uniform? If there is a school, is attendance granted only to uniform wearing girls? Did she get the loan because she was taught how to turn a single cow into a herd or because the uniform's skirt showed just enough thigh combined with her come hither smile to gain favors from the loan officer at the bank?

Anyways...I'm sure they have noble intentions. I think their ad is unconvincing.
    What is this thing all about?

is this a donate type of thing
    all things exaggerate (i spell nothing dfood tonight)0

i kind of feel everyone is gettibg worked up over nothing

im with nimmot in that i think the ad is kind of blah
    but nothing to get all workedd up about
    i say blah to the de da
    there are so many stupid fucking ads if i were to know them all my brain would explode with glee
    (thats the only way brains explode-with glee)
    ahh why get worked up...im not sure what the organization is though
    if i dont like it i say fuck all of this...\im crazedy like that
    well, i just liked the pace of the typography in the video, really :D

it definitely doesn't hang about, or treat people like they can't read hehe