No thread

edited June 2008 in creations

Comments

• edited 10:55PM
    I still think you guys need to get together and make the biggest (commercial) design consortium ever.
  • Ve.Ve.
    edited 10:55PM
    Now THAT is a brilliant idea. There a LOT of very good design *heads* at FL. No lie.:smile:
    i tried to get a 4-way "Exquisite Corpse" thing going a while back. it fizzled. i wanted to divide a plane up into 4 equal but not rectangular pieces.

if you have room for amateurs, i'd love to participate. i also understand why you might not want me.

x
    yes please, i need something creative to work on right now.
    this is the "outline" of the emcee i'd hoped to do. the areas aren't completely rectangular in an attempt to make sure that the middle of the completed pic isn't empty. the coloured areas are what the other participants see of the completed parts.

emcee rectangle
    other than what's been said (and i like the wall), there are always these -

1. teeshirts (this didn't really work out too well before, right? :D) - make them however you like, send to whoever is meant to receive one from you.

2. mix cd - you choose the songs, burn them to disk, make some cool packaging (or write the track names on in biro) and post to your pre-designated receiver.

3. calender - don't take this years effort as how it'll be. it could work out much better with a little thought :D

4. PROFIT!
    5. stw
    Oh man, i have all the wall files. I've been meaning to start another one. Just a matter of time really.
    base said...I don't think there's enough room to 'blend' the first wall we did had a good few centimeters on either side that was going to be used as transition, it's needed otherwise the image looks disjointed and a mash.
    call me crazy, but if players can see the colored areas, seems to me more than a few centimeters that can be mixed...i mean if you can see that much~blend it into your pic then move on
    maybe im confused as to what you are saying, ...but i dont think so
    im thinking maybe you are the confused one~eh...@mick~ if that does happen, im all in!

@mick part two-
    still waiting on your PST return...ho hum...tap...tap...tap
    well

the coloured areas can be made bigger, but in real-world-size (that is a thumbnail demo pic) the margins are about 3 cm.

the fun of an emcee is in the hilarity that ensues after all the pieces are exposed.

no biggie, i just mentioned it. maybe some day i'll get more than one "yes" and it'll be a go.

yes orson, i do owe you a return. ;) i'm having a helluva time (and some fun) trying to come up with something. 3 discards, so far. be very happy that one was with your face on the man's body, and a dog humping his leg. it just didn't "grab" me. :D
    Well I didn't want to come out and say that I thought it was a crap idea, that would have just been rude.
    If the yellow square is to be done by somebody, then the red and the blue need to be completed for them to blend in their piece. but, the red and blue pieces can't be done until the yellow and green square is completed, so if the attempt was to create a game that is essentially a paradox, CONGRATULATIONS, YOU ARE BOTH INDEED CRAZY!

It's also going to be difficult to design something on an odd shape, not impossible, but unpleasant. walls are simple that's why they are good, less is more, more is crazy.
    see i was thinking all four would be made, then~ only the colored spots shown~then combine
    i never said i wasn't crazy, in fact i told you to call me crazy~which you did

Im down for a wall too...(not down for the less is more concept...but im not a designer...just a rich prick with a lot of time on my hands!)
    So the idea is to create 4 totally sperate bits and blend them all togther at the end, my that sounds like fun. Count me out.
    are you bitching for real, is this something that needs to be bitched about...
    it could kind of work if only one edge of each needed to be blended - like a circular wall ;)
    chris said...it could kind of work if only one edge of each needed to be blended - like a circular wall ;)
    chris said...it could kind of work if only one edge of each needed to be blended - like a circular wall ;)
    now thats a good idea
    that's how i thought this would work, btw, when i first saw the image that mick posted - only needed to blend the half circle areas.
    You got me thinking of a big circular colour wheel now, with a big white hole in the center kinda thing.
    hott
    :)
    larger hole, so pic ares are more skewed rectangles, information about the thingy can go in the center in nice typy type

approved
  • edited June 2008

...then we collate them and sell a hand numbered limited edition run of litho printed finals.
    ^ that's hott, right? come on, you can come out and say it.
    hott
    i just counted the sections to see if you could turn it into a calendar. :p

hotterific. *nod*
    i did a random number of sections, fyi. it can be changed :D
    It already looks like macgergor's graph
    i say we just come up with a standard size, basic rule bullshit, start it, and stop talking aboot it eh?
    (regardless if you want me or not, i want in...you could always just delete my section later, and have someone else fill it in)
    I'm in. Now big hugs all!
    orsonrockwell said...i say we just come up with a standard size, basic rule bullshit, start it, and stop talking aboot it eh?
    (regardless if you want me or not, i want in...you could always just delete my section later, and have someone else fill it in)
    yes, let's get this thing started else we talk it to death, then poor Mick will be called in with the paddles to try and get a beat going again. Give me my slice of pie template and let's whip something tasty up.
    hmmm

poor mick?
    poor mick

:p
    I'd like to formally announce my interest in participating in this thing.

BEEEEP I HAVE INTEREST BEEEEEP.
    ~stomps on kitteh
    oh
    ouch
  • edited June 2008
    I canz laf at kitteh
    I have something in mind for a templated but I need to run it by chris and others first, it'll come with a brief, and that means instructions, not a pair of pants, my pants cost money if you are interested in my pants send me an email.
    I'll start a new thread for the current colab, feel free to think of more. You too Mick, we wouldn't have got to this point without your contribution.
    ~Runs through thread naked shouting WOOOOOOHOOOO!
    ~slowly backs out of thread
    nicko said...~slowly backs out of thread
    too late nicko! you've been sucked in, there's no escaping the insanity here.
    meska said...~Runs through thread naked shouting WOOOOOOHOOOO!
    if you can't beat em........... JOIN em!

~~~ lfm streaks through thread ~~~~~wooooo hoooooooooooooooooooooooo
  • edited June 2008
    oi! nicko! come back. it's safe. geez, we're all family. no one's gonna get hurt (unless laid out by meska's flopping enormous wang.. ... ... we all know lafemi's too firm to bounce that much :D )

of course i want to "play", unless you actively discourage me. that's a benefit of belonging with this bunch. that and the warm fuzzies from all the love and respect. (i am grinning).

i've a question and .. a sorta observation.

the question is: is this "ring" going to be on a spinner, or is someone's work always going to be upside down or at a 70 degree angle? OR.. will we know the place in the circle where our bit goes, so we know whichway is up?

:D and.. cheeky observation:

danger! perilously close to "odd shape"!

ring section

i am smiling at you. yes i am.
    wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    mick said...danger! perilously close to "odd shape"!
    HEH
    wtf is wrong with you, you chump?