OSX copied Vista features

ihcihc
edited February 2007 in conversations
not t'other way around - the only reason why OSX shipped with those features was because microsoft was making Vista more secure and that took a long time
I mean, it’s fascinating, maybe we shouldn’t have showed so publicly the stuff we were doing, because we knew how long the new security base was going to take us to get done. Nowadays, security guys break the Mac every single day. Every single day, they come out with a total exploit, your machine can be taken over totally. I dare anybody to do that once a month on the Windows machine. So, yes, it took us longer, and they had what we were doing, user interface-wise.
Bill Gates interview with Newsweek

Apparently Bill is even pissed off that Mac OS 'stole' the menubar from windows back in the day
Let’s be realistic, who came up with [the] file, edit, view, help [menu bar]? Do you want to go back to the original Mac and think about where those interface concepts came from?
Did he forget that aside from the help menu they WERE on the original mac?

dumbass

via: Daring Fireball

Comments

• edited 7:13AM
    yeah, old news really... he said all that at the launch of Vista...
    Security ?
    They weren't working on security... I think it just took Microsoft's design team that long to produce a close enough rip-off of the aqua interface. :D
    i'm sure this is another "make stupid and bold statements about [something] in the hope that it will stir a lot of interest and / or debate in said [something]"
  • edited February 2007
    princess diana visited fazyluckers.com and whispered a comment to will carling al fayed a mere 3 hours before her death!!
  • ihcihc
    edited 7:13AM
    chris:i'm sure this is another "make stupid and bold statements about [something] in the hope that it will stir a lot of interest and / or debate in said [something]"
    me or bill? ;)