Poll: Your Work

edited March 2008 in creations
1. What is the largest scope of work you've done? (i.e. perhaps you worked on a big national or global? client, or you did a lot of work for a particular client - like designed from the ground up)

2. What is a favorite piece you've created?

3. What is a dream project of yours?

Comments

• edited March 2008
    1 Travel guides for Dorling Kindersley. Used / published all over the world

2 I never have a favourite piece... I quite like things that I do but quickly go "off" them

3 Any project. The more challenging the better!
  • edited 9:02PM
    1 - Probably producing all materials for ASDA (Supermarket chain owned by Wallmart) home furniture (from the ground up ie- concepts, in house photography, art direction and artwork production etc). Not international but a large client.

2 - same as nicko really. I think. But maybe a 96 sheet bill board campaign for a University degree route. A millennium theme project which was advertised during the turn of the millennium. Including the main illuminated billboard at London Euston. I was proud of that :)

3 - Difficult question. I suppose, a huge campaign for a huge band / artist. I dunno !
    1. BP/Castrol UEFA Euro 2008 NOW / United Nations Peace (about 10 years ago)

2. Same as nicko, i'm not enamoured by "work" anymore. I love doing stuff for fun. Desktops i did for PST have more pride and love than anything i do commercially. I do like the Roosters rebrand i'm doing at the moment tho (private work).

3. Same as Squap. I would love to do a campaign for MF Doom.
    Meska... the most enjoyable "project" I have worked on in a long time was the Your album cover thread
  • edited March 2008
    now isn't a great time for me to answer, but i, too, enjoyed the album cover thread :)

i am preparing for a large amount of enjoyable work that i'll get round to trying this summer, and printing up and actually hanging somewhere, for me.
    1: Current project that I'm kinda almost finished after 2yrs. Setting up a media cell for the highest lev of Scenario Mil training in Canada. Providing Journalists and other media in as realistic setting as possible, outputting 3 (going down to 2) newscasts a night based on local (Afghan right now) Canadian and international perspectives. As far as scope we provide media scenario training for all deployed troops in Canada, we also get visitors from all over the world, we've had the generals in charge of similar training in the US, Briton, Poland, Australia, New Zealand, and I'm sure others I don't know about, as well as military political leaders from those countries.

2: Nothing to note of. Everything I do I think I can learn from and do better in the future. This current project doesn't give me the leeway to really do anything creative, its really more planning and problem solving then anything else right now, and has been for the last year.

3: I would like to make this current project in to a National if not international war correspondence course, at least once a year training up to 9 media persons on how to deal with reporting in a war zone or hostile/dangerous area. battlefield first aid, mine awareness, maybe some weapon training and some experiences shared with soldiers that they would be interacting with, then they'd have basically a 2 week work experience period when we train the soldiers themselves, I know of no other program in the world that gives that kind of depth and experience to journalists.

Other then that I want to get out of here and move onto something else where I can put my creativity to good use instead of my problem solving skills. Maybe freelance design/photography, though as of the last 2 years I've really fallen in love with motion graphics.
    good shout chris. I might get around to printing some stuff for the walls at home !

I also hugely enjoyed the album cover thread and I'd probably really enjoy a pst desktop more than anything. (Ive still never played pst !)
    I built a xgrid cluster out of beige G3s once, that was fun!
    1. What is the largest scope of work you've done? (i.e. perhaps you worked on a big national or global? client, or you did a lot of work for a particular client - like designed from the ground up)

I was the lead character artist on the PSP version of Warhammer 40 000. I also did the scheduling for all of the 3D graphics for that project.

2. What is a favorite piece you've created?

I like all my work that I have done non-commercially a lot. I always fel very proud of my sub 1000 euros music videos.

3. What is a dream project of yours?

I am working on my dream projects as we speak. Can't really tell. It's a secret.
    i look forward to hearing more about that, juss ;)
    Nice work on the PSP WH40k, juss. I've got it.