Any one else get the new Base Station Extreme?

edited February 2007 in conversations
Mine came directly from China a couple days ago... looks sweet as heck.

I haven't had to test its distance yet, but it works well with my Vonage wifi phone.

I am using the WPA2 (?) security on it, is there something more I should do to protect it?

Thanks!
nick

Comments

• edited 4:41AM
    put up a ring of barbed wire around it...? ;)
  • edited 4:41AM
    I don't have one, but a client does. With ALL of the Apple product line sporting a gigabit ethernet port, wtf does this have 10/100?
  • edited February 2007
    echoes:...I am using the WPA2 (?) security on it, is there something more I should do to protect it?
    1. Use a Password Generator application like RPG 1.6.1 and generate a 63 character password consisting of uppercase and lowercase letters, numerals, punctuation and symbols for accessing your new wireless network
    2. Use a Password Generator application and generate a 31 character password consisting of uppercase and lowercase letters, numerals, punctuation and symbols for accessing your base station
    3. Make sure that you save/backup those passwords safely =)
    4. Name your base station in such a manner that it won't reveal the kind of hardware/manufacturer it is
    5. Create a closed network even though you can detect it with a sniffer app but it doesn't hurt to use it
    6. Switch off the ability to configure the base station via an Ethernet-WAN-Connection
    7. Use MAC Access Control even though it's possible to spoof MAC but it doesn't hurt to use it
  • edited February 2007
    #7--- get yer spoofMAC here

http://ungeord.net/smat/de/spoofmac/doDownload/SpoofMAC-1.0.tar.bz2