i'm wanting some help with a folder action script

edited March 2008 in advice
please? anyone? ... eh.. anyone who is better at it than i. :)

i want to find a folder action script. I've tried making my own, and have had limited success: the best attempts work ONCE, but the action isn't persistent. i've looked around/ searched, and come up empty.

what i want is a folder that will help me to sort files into dated folders contained inside.

i used to have a folder with a scripted action attached to it. drag a file to the folder. it stopped working when i upgraded to Tiger.

the folder has an action attached to it that will

•notice today's date.

•if the is another folder inside with today's date, the file will go in there

•if there is not a folder inside with today's date, a folder will be created and labelled with today's date, and the file will go in there.

when i open the "actioned" folder, i will find a bunch of folders whose labels are dates. each of those folders will each contain files that were put in the "actioned" main folder on the date that labels the internal folder.

like i said, i've tried every which way to make this work. my javascript skills are too rudimentary.. Applescript will appear to work, but the action doesn't "stick".

x

Comments

• edited March 2008
    this works for image files Should be possible to edit so it takes any file. Just make sure you put it in mick HD/Library/Scripts/Folder Action Scripts
  • edited 5:18PM
    thanks, McKs, i'll tear it apart and give it a try.

i've tried to modify other Applescripts.. some work.. again.. once. i just can't get one to stick.