[PST] mick & bull knock it around

edited January 2008 in creations
opening serve...

serve1mvb

large version at image link

Comments

• edited 7:48AM
    wow..

there's so much to work with there, bull.

and .. that is surely you.. part of the work you're doing on self-portraits, i assume. :D lol at that ... ambiguous shadowing. i couldn't have resisted, either, the way that bridge support is shaped. i'd blush, but art is art, yes? (ok i did blush, but grinned, too,) the haircut looks good.

[/still grinning

where to start.. .where to start... heee!

greening... cool :)

tbh, the squeezing fist really arrests my eye. that, coupled with what looks like a challenging gaze... that's a very strong image.

i'll get busy.
  • edited February 2008
    um. too much? i mean, it's not getting any comments at all. of course, it might just be bad. it's supposed to be a bit over-the-top... i truly didn't think i had left too much in there, and surely there's a lot of skin around.... well, i hope i haven't been unreasonable, and look forward to your return. my apologies for promoting embarrassment, i'll be sure to tone it down.

it is a start on some self-portraiture, yes, test pics, but i'm still learning to use my digital camera... i'm a lousy photographer, never been much good at it...

anyway....
  • edited February 2008
    i thought you had a screwdriver in your hand for ages, but it's paint! doh.

(oh yeah, nice cock!)
  • Ve.Ve.
    edited 7:48AM
    Oh I'm guilty too. I thought it was a knife. Face looks sort of angry...oops sorry.
  • Ve.Ve.
    bull said...um. too much? i mean, it's not getting any comments at all. of course, it might just be bad. it's supposed to be a bit over-the-top... i truly didn't think i had left too much in there, and surely there's a lot of skin around.... well, i hope i haven't been unreasonable, and look forward to your return. my apologies for promoting embarrassment, i'll be sure to tone it down.

it is a start on some self-portraiture, yes, test pics, but i'm still learning to use my digital camera... i'm a lousy photographer, never been much good at it...

anyway....
    I am sorry to hear you doubting your work,bull. Doesn't really matter ,the comments, does it? YOU like it don't you? If YOU see there is more to be explored then there is...if not ,then there is not.

Believe me,as an artist I too struggle with this, so I'm talking to me as well as to you..
    Ve, to be honest, it's not much of a struggle ;) if i doubted it that strongly, it wouldn't look that way.

it's what i intended, so as far as it goes, i'm good with it. if that makes sense. i am also the only one who sees it before it gets posted, and can fall in love with a color or some channel voodoo in ps and lose sight of the fact that it may not work. i like reading comments for two reasons; there are some very talented people around here from whom i've learned a great deal about digital media, and usually, by their comments, something about them as well - both are interesting.

having said that, thank you for looking :)

the angry is just my face. nothing much to be done with it. maybe i should eat more. or something.

gee whiz thanks mr sock. it has a fan club; would you like to join? :D
  • Ve.Ve.
    *** i like reading comments for two reasons; there are some very talented people around here from whom i've learned a great deal about digital media, and usually, by their comments, something about them as well - both are interesting.***

well said, bull. I liked your piece,too...did I forget to say?
    :smile:
  • edited February 2008
    Damn, and I thought it was Bull clambering all over Sydney Harbour Bridge to snap the top off Sydney Tower...there you go....art is all things to everyone...

Sydney landmarks

Sorry 'bout that table...:smile:
    heh... i've never had the pleasure of being in sydney, closest i got was hong kong....the tower looks a bit like a scuplture mallet from that distance :)

we have a very similar bridge in this area though i think quite a bit smaller...
    i've started on a return. :D i am amused by the convo above.

and bull, you sure do have a nice big full healthy-looking navel.

*nod*

x
    this is a pretty fast return by my standards. :) i've been known to take a BIT longer. also, sorry if i went astray trying to extrapolate some more of the face.. i needed the balance. apology for all the black, too....was stuck with it once i decided to use the earthlights pic from NASA.

heh ok mick! i'll have a closer look later today, see what i can do...strong image...hmmm
  • Ve.Ve.
    edited February 2008
    very nice,mick! :smile:
    fectism

again, for the big one, click.
    thanks, Veedot. :)

wow again, bull!

egads that makes me yearn for late summer, with my hands and chin sticky from fresh peach juice. right now, yes... imaginary but perfect.

cool
  • edited February 2008
    *bump* i know it will be along soon, so i thought i'd put the thread back up ... :) looking forward to it

:D
    }b
    i figure any PST match that starts out with a partially nude man (i am convinced you are wearing at least ONE sock), has nowhere to go but.. :) where my mind takes it. heh

"peach" was/is very evocative; i had a hard time not tacking a lush peach on a pair of legs.

but i changed my mind and decided to learn how to make a rollercoaster. illu didn't cooperate again, so switched to PS. this got VERY messy; i cleaned it up as best i could, but it's been taking too long. sorry i'm slow; now you have a week of work to get through before you can eagerly tackle this fine fiiiiine return. :D

I think I see a blueshead lapdance looming...:surprised:
    and that ain't all.

i'm liking the compartmentalization and colors....and it couldn't have been fun to make all those struts :)

ok, let's see where it goes...might be time for a little change of theme.

i'll think on it and get something posted as soon as i can
    mondo... that return.. like blueshead's lapdance, is tasteful and demure compared to true impulse, and best of all, free. *nod*

bull.. i agree we could dial it down, but like we discussed: who cares what people think as long as it's not pron.

i anticipate a reply with as much subtlety as you can muster.

i got as far as collecting a few images and sketching out a thumbnail or two....should have something by the end of the week latest, if there are no late nights at the new job or other unexpected interruptions

i've never been described as subtle - in part, the reason for the screen name. but i'll do my best.
    ok, i'm getting on it, i swear.... i had a plan, and then i didn't... and now, i think i do again, and need some new material... but it'll be up soon :)
    's ok, friend. :)

you're up to your neck, i know that.

in good time....... not to worry.

x
    goldmine_final
    my first thought.. OH MY

thinking it through, it's not a genitalia lint mine. i may be digging myself in too deep, here, but... whatever it is, it looks edible.

this is so much fun.. i will try to make a very ... ambiguous reply. heh or maybe not. maybe blatant.
    the lurid tones make me thing of meat. i think i'm right.

x
    way too deep yes. it's an innie, but it's not drastically innie. and there's no genitalia to be found.

i was thinking this WAS ambiguous. shows to go ya about the subtlety though.
    i stared into your navel so long that i decided to make you stare into mine. no camera, so the technique was: put a piece of plastic wrap over my screen, set the screen to "sleep", angle a lamp for reflection, stand in front of screen and use a Sharpie to trace my belly onto the plastic wrap, then use the tracing as a map in PS.

instead of a macro, like yours, this is 1:1.

yes, that's the halftone filter making the mesh. no, the handprint isn't mine.

tongue might be mine. :D

x
    sillysquared
    that was fast. :) i hope the speed isn't a hint. heh

ok.. what did you do to your navel? it looks like you poured wax in, let it cool and then did a blurp(mold release); the sound effects make me wonder......

jk.. that's colourful.

that poor elephant! battered AND on the spot!

instead of pretending there's no elephant in the room; i might just decorate it. *has seen the elephant*

x
    the elephant fought the deco. it fought hard. it mostly won. that's what took so long: elephant wrestling.

x
    Love that shot mick!
    :) thanks orson.

anyone seen bull?
    i'm busy making a toilet. i'll post a return when the sets are done for the local theater.
    BULL!
    making a toilet...that must be a very interesting play.

okiedokie, bull. no pressure. this is recreation. take your time.. i often do, you may have noticed.

:)
    final_taf
    wow

that took me aback... and then i got it. the elephant won. THEN i got some lol. whew

yep, you're right it's the last round. i'm working too much and it will take me a bit, but i'll get there. i wish we'd contracted for 10 exchanges; we could have developed the match better (imo) with more steps along the way, but so it goes. i'm grateful you stuck through the whole 5 rounds.

as filler.. with the theme of the elephant winning....

x

feels weird to "finish" a match. i've never done that before. :D

x
  • Ve.Ve.
    I love it,mick
    :happy:
    oooh mick i love it too!!!!
    golly gee

thank you. i'm flabbergasted to get comments.. more so that they're complimentary. you made my day, friends.

x
    mick, you are a f^cking winner.. :D

great final shot, need the (elephants) parade :)
    lello! drive-by compliments?!!? you thug.

thank you. i wish you'd come around more, you know.

aaand.. bull and i are both winners. :) we got to play PST. what could be better? heh :)
    haha these are great :) nice one, you two! :D