Alternative to .Mac for Address Book syncing?

edited January 2008 in advice
I'm not really hip to spending more money on services I should be able to setup myself with existing services I already pay for, or can setup with open source software.

My current host already supports WebDAV, so I've been syncing my work calendar as a subscription service at home. I was hoping there was something I could do with Address Book as well. I know there is an LDAP feature, but I'm unfamiliar with it. I found my web host doesn't yet support LDAP.

I know I can export the vCards, but to have to do that every time I alter someone's contact information or make a new entry... well, should be simpler than that!

Comments

• edited 11:04PM
    I found this before, but it looked way too complicated for me to figure out in an evening, so I bookmarked it and promptly forgot about it.

If you manage to get this working (or something else to do Address Book synching), I'd love to hear it. I've got an iMac and a PowerBook I'd love to have synched.
    Seems workable, anyone want to install it on their host machine for me!? ;)

I don't think I can install it on my personal web servers, since I don't have physical access to them (neither does entry and mid level tech support). Seems very nice though.
    Here is a free and working alternative to DotMac:

http://www.notmacchallenge.com/

Hope it helps ;-)
    Le_Spirit, unfortunately it's not Leopard compatible. :(