So I have a job interview on Monday for a "Grashic Desier" position.

edited February 2007 in conversations
So last night I was looking for some freelance stuff on Craigs List and came across this posting...

Grashic desier

Classic hacked English! I sent them an email about working part-time... and they would love to have me come by and interview with them. The person setting up the meeting told me that his English is really poor, but knows how to have a great time! lol.

I'm thinking I might give this a shot, since I'm looking to invest and by a vinyl cutter for my own business, and what a better way to also practice and learn more Japanese than with a bunch of people who cant speak English.

I just hope I don't get there and they want to offer me something shitty like 10 dollars an hour. bastards.

Comments

• edited 12:22PM
    "Grashic desier"

"We are a Japanese Graphic deisgn company just arrived from Japan"

"we are looking for someone can do entry level of graphic design and entry level of marketing. If you are interested in Japanese culture and people, here is a good oppotunity for you to learn about Japan."

at least they got it right the third time
    "10 dollars an hour?!?!

me love you long-time. :P
  • ihcihc
    edited 12:22PM
    i want to buy a laser cutter - any tips?
    good rocation, right next to shitty wok and shitty plinting co.
    ich, Roland is super nice, but rather pricey. Depends on if you want to just cut, or also print. You can get a decent cutter for around 1 or 2 grand (usd). It's when you start printing that its going to cost high dollar. Most small sign print shops seem to just outsource all of the super large print jobs because they cannot afford the machine.

So I had the interview today, I was hired at a decent rate for the kind of easy shit they want me to do. I spent about 45 minutes in this guys office having a completely japanese spoken interview... kind of nuts to think that I have been able to get decent enough with my japanese that I can negotiate a rate and my desired schedule... all on self taught japanese! wooo!

I also had my first day back in College today with my one Japanese class. Felt extremely strange to be back in that type of school after leaving one 8-9 years ago. Doing book homework sucks. :p