New York to ban wait iPods?

edited February 2007 in conversations
"New York Senator Carl Kruger's proposal to ban gadget use on the streets of major New York cities is based on the notion that he calls "iPod oblivion," which Kruger says leads to the kind of detachment from the real world that has gotten people killed. Should Kruger's "iPod oblivion" bill become law, pedestrians caught using any kind of electronic device while crossing a street would be hit with a $100 fine. "

http://www.toptechnews.com/news/New-York-Mulls-iPod-Ban-on-City-Streets/story.xhtml?story_id=0200029PQQWK

BTW, where's all my shortcuts gone, i can't be dealing with remembering code for web!!!!

Comments

• edited 9:08PM
    that is utterly ridiculous!!! if people are getting killed because they're not paying attention, i say "good riddance. thin the herd". :D
  • edited 9:08PM
    This is a law which should never be put in place. How are they going to inforce this? Put cops at every intersection and make them watch people crossing? Or is this a better way to set up cameras and just start fining people by mail. Hello big brother. :)

They should make it so that you cannot be with-in 10 feet of any road. Why if a taxi goes flying off the road and creams into a bunch of poor kids on their ipods who wernt paying attention... poor things!