My New Toy

edited February 2007 in creations
Well, I guess it's not really a toy. Hobby, maybe. Whatever. :) I like it.

It's taken a few weeks and a good bit of work (not to mention a drain on my bank account!!), but I'm pretty pleased with the result.

Comments

• zefzef
    edited 4:48PM
    Where's Nemo?
  • edited 4:48PM
    How much did it cost you?
    nice!
    Is that about a 50 gallon tank?

And are you going to upgrade the fish once the tank gets acclimated?

Also, looks like all real plants, nice.

I had 3 aquariums when I was younger. I always think about setting up a new one from time to time.
  • nice screensaver
    I've some nice fish recipes if you need them...
    it's pretty cool, and you can pick which one you want for dinner :)

i'd love to have an aquarium for some reason. i don't think i will set one up though, just to be safe.
    Zef: It's freshwater, not marine. sorry no nemo :(

Juzzi: It could've been done for cheaper, but I couldn't resist going for a tank with a stand and a nice external filter so there's not too much in the tank which doesn't need to be. Everything, comes to around £400.

Echoes: It's 126ltr. not sure how many gallons that is. And I'm slowly introducing the fish as the water matures. There is quite a few fish in there now, but they're hard to see in the pic. I have 15 those little blue ones (Neon Tetra) and they're a shoaling fish, but a bit spread when I took the pic. Also there's some catfish lurking around in the shadows.

Cheers for the offer, blues. I'll let you know if I get hungry and need some fishy cooking tips.
    That's awesome Idle. I have a manky old aquarium that needs a good clean out in the shed. I was going to get it ready for my daughter's 6th...

Any tips?
    Curse you Aquascum!
    Make sure its water proof! Go for cold water low maintenance fish as well.
    ^ I agree with that. Even with coldwater & low maintenance fish, be prepared for a strain on the ole' wallet if you're going to go for real plants and nice decorations...

With an old tank, you'll definitely want to set it up in the bathroom or outside to give it a test fill before emptying it and doing it for real. Wouldn't want to flood the house. :D Also, after filling it, measure all angles to check there's no bowing on any sides. Even a small bit will probably create catastrophe later on. And sods law says that it will happen in the middle of the night.
    Ami I missing something? !!

I cant see any images anywhere....
    it's in the first post, squapple?

maybe you should turn off "work-safe mode" ;)
  • very cool...

say, you wouldn't be deuce bigalow by nite?
    september29th:very cool...

say, you wouldn't be deuce bigalow by nite?
    Only at weekends and if the price is right (as Bruce said).