Panoramic photographs

2»

Comments

• edited 7:38PM
    Amazing amazing pictures all around
    Good sh!t people.

Karma, is that the canal near Vauxhall Road towards the river?
  • edited April 2007
    Took these last week. A charity auction of old military bikes.
    It's very early in the morning, before people go to work. That's why there are so few people in the photos.

WOW thats a large number of bikes there... If only i knew how to ride one ;)
    1000 bikes sold in order to help the Veterans of our wars... more than 100 euros a piece, sold in online auction...

BTW: I've seen some DIY instruction on making a panoramic head for tripod:)
    Yep, panoramic tripod heads are pretty straightforward. You could easily replicate the one I have got.
    Great shot! The bikes do look like gravestones, making it a rather powerful image - in an unexpected way.

Now, I need me a panoramic tripod. Where were these instructions you found, DMC and also, which one do you have jussi?
    jussi-k:These are stitched together using Autopano Pro and all the possible errors are overpainted afterwards in photoshop by hand.

Also, I have got a panoramic tripod head which helps a lot when stitching panoramas on the computer. Also, I try to rotate the camera from the lens' nodal point when shooting without the tripod head, instead on just rotating the camera.
    Thanks for the head up on Autopano Pro.. I'm shooting with a Canon 300d flashed with the D10 firmware, And I never did like Canon Stitcher... :smile:
    squapple:Good sh!t people.

Karma, is that the canal near Vauxhall Road towards the river?
    sure is... well spotted
    Been tring out the Photomerge in CS3:

^click to see full size - it’s big 3600×500 px / approx 2.2mb
    nice one mate
    Apart from the little changes in the white balance, it looks very good! Did you have automatic white balance on, or did photoshop's photomerge create the colour variations?
    white balance a on auto, but then played with it in Camera Raw too!
    Sefton Park !

I used to live just around the corner from there.

Do you ever remember the aviaries?
    ^squapple sure do! its a bit of a waste, but the park is getting a load of cash to do it up! (not that i will be round here for much longer... halewood village in about 4-6 weeks)
    I'd heard about the park getting done up.

Glad you got sorted with the house mate.

Ive been in Halewood Village for 6 months now. Been renting a flat in the new estate round the corner from the little garage and Ive just bought one in the same block because its great there. Convenient for the Motorway as well, you can cut through to Tarbock in about 3 minutes!

Good luck with the move.
    chris:13 gigapixel panorama of harlem

that is awesome!! I can't believe how far I can zoom in and it's still clear and even past that to the bridges how good it is - at what, 2 miles away?? wow.
  • edited August 2007
    awesome pics juss!!

Edit:@ chris harlem pic link = badass!!!

Edit The Sequal:Excellent pic too karma, i've been flipping in and out and all about this 'DISCUSSION'
    very awsome!
  • edited August 2007
    sweet just bought a canon 400d a few weeks back

this is the "beach" on our property, big mass of over exposed water is Lake Superior
    My Beach
    very nice!

~ feels the sudden urge to make love to sunk there :))
    some nice stuff here - http://www.willpearson.co.uk/

watch out for the browser resize!

bump, it's been a while, eh?

this is made from my boss' photos of a recent skiing trip, i can't remember where.
    if we're on that subject, here's kaunertal in december last year:

chris, be-jot, nice!!! and !

It's been a whie again, but here are some from my last week's trip to Egypt:

panorama

panorama

panorama

panorama

panorama

panorama

panorama
    Wow, you guys - this thread spoils me. You all take excellent photos anyway, but the panoramics are incredible.
    jussi-k said...

panorama

i really like this one! looks really hot, and vintage, too :) like something out of star wars.
    Heheh, the last shot makes your head wobble...
  • ^oooppphhh!!!!
  • ^OOOoooo very noicccceeee!
  • I took a few shots at Lake Louise today and Google offered me this panorama:

https://imgur.com/60fTgCg

• haha...i saw that yesterday. a whole new genre of photo was created with that f'up.