No Preview Function Here?

edited February 2007 in advice
I wasn't sure my code was going to work (picture html) so after I was done typing it, I was hoping for a preview function... alas there is none.

Would you ever put one on here?

Comments

• edited 5:09AM
    i guess if there was, there'd be no need for an edit function, right?
    not true. you may want to edit the content later down the road.

I liked the preview because it would let me see how things would turn out before I posted them, so I could get it right before it went live.
    there's nothing quite as exhilarating as live editing. apart from a shorn scrotum, i guess.
    anyway, it's a possibility, but slightly poncy,
    I echo Echoes' sentiments (see what I did there? did ya.... ah forget it).

What do we want?

PREVIEW!!!

When do we want it?

AS SOON AS TAKES CONSIDERING THE TIME TO CODE IT PROPERLY SINCE I DON"T NOW HOW!!!

Besides, the edit function is for when I say something stupid while drunk, under the influence of REALLY good weed or type in all caps then realize it wasn't proper or was really annoying, which I can then edit myself the next day...
    websnap:
    Besides, the edit function is for when I say something stupid while drunk, under the influence of REALLY good weed or type in all caps then realize it wasn't proper or was really annoying, which I can then edit myself the next day...
    or when you post something, it doesn't work as expected, and you want to change it to work as you previously expected*
    i see that we are beginning to focus on the software, and not the community, again :/
  • edited February 2007
    lol, we NEED the preview!!!

Dont you just love developing new communities, sock/chris.

PS. I feel weird calling you chris. Can you set up a function so I can change user names (for my viewing only) to what I want them to be? ie, you would be sock, and um... meska could be old-hasbeen! :D

One more thing, why haven't the new smiles been coded into a quick function?
    chris:i see that we are beginning to focus on the software, and not the community, again :/
    I see your stalling...

lol
    echoes:
    One more thing, why haven't the new smiles been coded into a quick function?
    all in good time, echosan.

webs, yeah ;)
    echoes:... meska could be old-hasbeen! :D
    Ahem. Old bald hasbeen if you don't mind!
    "AS SOON AS TAKES CONSIDERING THE TIME TO CODE IT PROPERLY SINCE I DON"T NOW HOW!!!"

hehe... i like the idea of preview too... sorry!
    check one two
    yo, preview posts, fother muckers!
    Oh yeah. That''s better!!!
    oh yeahs! now the posting rate is increased ten-fold! well done, y'alls! :D
  • ihcihc
    edited 5:09AM
    it would be better if it were a live preview - i always hated the preview as an additional step yo
    lol
    ihc:it would be better if it were a live preview - i always hated the preview as an additional step yo
    HEH!!
    what a waste of code, i guess i may as well remove the preview function, right?
    It's fine sock. and Thank You!
  • edited February 2007
    Is code recyclable? Better yet, maybe you could insulate your walls with it. :)

/whisper thanks, sockly!
    NICE!!!!!

I wont make any more suggestions for the rest of this week. :)
    I suck at HTML and will be using text. Just so you know.
    I' gonna start creating crazy CSS websites for posts. (not)
  • ihcihc
    edited February 2007
    chris:what a waste of code

like fading yellow backgrounds?
    what? why bump a 5 day old post with puerile comments like this, ihc?
    nice use of the preview function, by the way.
  • ihcihc
    edited February 2007
    sorry c

:embarrassedsmiley:

i thought the live preview comment was constructive - the quote code in the post above is just what the quote button produces - not sure how best to remedy that even by previewing
    You neet to change the post method from to .

Fixed. Even using preview shows you that.
  • ihcihc
    edited February 2007
    my mistake - is that option missing because im on ie/win? screenshot attached
    nice attachment.
    Ah, I see.

CHRIS!!!!!!
    heya jussi, how you doing? :)
    I'm fine. It does you good to shout someone's name once in a while.
  • ihcihc
    i had a look but it seems either my system or vanilla cleverness means i cant view the source to see if the option is there in the code but hidden by ie/pc wierdness

i suspect the latter

anyway - time to move on
    make sure it is enabled in your account prefs.
  • ihcihc
    ~is dumb

it was turned off - didnt even know it was an option but i guess i must have selected it sometime or other

if its possible to not have the option visible would it possible to also set a default of text/html in the prefs? seeing as html quoting is a standard feature of the board it might be handy

i'll stop making suggestions as it seems half of the ones i have made so far are dumb mistakes on my part :D
    ~^5's ihc
  • ihcihc
    ~turns at the wrong moment and gets a fist in the face

at least i assume that wasn't intentional ... chris?