New Comments

edited February 2007 in conversations
I find it hard to read through the topics quickly and get a feel for how many new posts there have been on that topic since the counter is all the way on the other side of the screen.

If only there was a way to have the title and its activity close together to increase efficiency.

Discuss.

Comments

• edited 5:22AM
    if only, huh? :D

if you aren't careful, you will lose the ability to move your eyes independently of your head. :(
    :p
    lol

it's official; echoes needs a smaller screen.
    LMAO@sock, as usual. (no offense echoes)
    none taken, I like socks witty come-backs instead of providing actual answers. :D
    is there a way to search for "new" posts?

and furthermore ... is there a way to mark 'em read? :)
    in the "discussions" view, the threads are listed with newest posts first. i'm sure that isn't what you meant though.

the way to mark them read is pretty straight forward too ;) read them hehe.

ok, echoes, what do you want me to say? i'll provide 'answers' if there was a question i could provide them for ;) you want the amount of new posts listed next top the post title, right? it sounds like it could work, i'll have a think about it :)
    It dwould be nice to have a list view that only shows new topics & topics with unread messages. Ths view could be listed in the discussion filters.
  • edited February 2007
    jussi, done - click "new discussions" "unread discussions" in the filters list.

'mark all read' is now available as an option (on the main discussions list view), but just to let you know, it's currently only set to mark everything within the last day as read. i really don't see the big deal of marking things as read. either you read it, or you don't, simple as that.

fyi - the 'mark all read' option may disappear without notice ;)
    Nice!

I don't think I'll personally ever use the "mark all read" option
    i think it may start to cause problems because of the way the database is laid out - that was the reason it may not last here for very long.

but yeah, the unread discussions filter is pretty cool.
    Oh yes it is... Cheers fella!