would you move across the country for a job?

edited January 2007 in conversations
I just found out the other day there is a company hiring two more in-house designers in Hollywood CA. My college friend (from california, who is working there) said he could get me in, hands down. Problem is, I moved back to New York from California last summer. I don't know if I should go back for the work. Any have experience with this? Any advice?

Comments

• edited January 2007
    i'd like to move to somewhere with better weather and a more relaxed way of life, and still earn uk wage. if i could do that, i would up sticks and leave :)

i guess it depends - do you like cali better than ny? i'm guessing you have friends in both places, which is closest to your family, etc?
  • edited 6:40AM
    profit margin. Simple. More ca$h at the end of the day is enough for me !!
    I would move for a job (and I have)
    ...of course, it would also depend on the job you would be doing, the job you would be leaving etc. it isn't all about the money (it helps, no doubt), but standard of living is very important. a horrible job that pays $10k is not necessarily better for you than a job that you really enjoy.
    Did you leave LA last time? Where were you before?

Where do you plan to live, and what kind of company is this?

I personally move around all the time, Florida => Japan => Florida => California. I personally dislike LA, a lot. And would be more than happy to move to So Florida again, or South Japan or a number of other locations. But I do have a few restrictions holding me here for a couple more years. :(
    i move countries for work and play.. highly recommended if you like a roller coaster ride
  • edited February 2007
    interesting responses.

Well, I was born and raised in new york, about 45min from the city, out on long island. I have a lot of family here as well as other parts of the east coast. I have a handfull of friends in both NY and CA and wouldn't mind being around either groups. Right now I'm working out the profit margin, I currently do freelance and it's enough to pay the bills, but obviously, no benefits. I miss both places, depending on where I am. It would be nice to be back in 70 degree weather though, since its 20 here in NY.

Beta Records
    It's a record company that deals with inde artists looking for a label. its a small company that does a lot of events. Supposedly, all the employees are encouraged to go on these events, which are all around the country.

The work intails print, web, and small flash animation projects with a decent salary and stock options.
    Id say go for it.
    seconded! have a nice day :)
    do cool things, kfconme. take chances. :)

headfirst, i'd say.

x

ps... there's a file loading .. from this page. http://www.pixelgirlpresents.com/images/desktops/Agus_Wijaya/kudos-eld-sis_1280x854.jpg

537 kb.

loooong wait, and it don't show up, even when done. :D
    would, maybe, poosibly going to have to, probably will, scotland here i come, sweden?

the way things are with job posts available i may have to too :)