• edited 1:02PM
    sha'ap!
    that's a link.
    ummmmmm, what?
  • edited January 2007
    The Fake
    Notice the, what appears to be, a camera on the front of the clone?

The Original
    the fake looks hott!
    can you actually order either of these phones yet?
    indeed ... ~ cancels iphone order and orders fake instantly
  • edited February 2007

Meizu iPhone copy gets renamed, release window
    Meizu has changed the name of its unreleased but already notorious iPhone imitation to the miniOne and narrowed down its release date, explorers of the company's forum have discovered. Once known as the M8, the Chinese phone is extremely close in style and features to Apple's device but shows clear differences in a new set of photos revealed at the same time as the name change. Where the iPhone has polished metal only around the front border and uses scratch-proof aluminum for the back, the Meizu clone opts for the chrome-effect surface across all but the very front.

Significantly, the phone is now being prepared for a launch in the fourth quarter of this year, arriving just a few months before its inspiration.

http://www.electronista.com/articles/07/02/13/meizu.iphone.copy.photos/
  • edited February 2007

It's insanely similar. Even the button order in the bottom. I am not getting one.

(chris, them big float elements bork the boards. I think you need to add clear:both styling between posts to fix that.) I did just that to this post to fix the post reply box positioning)
    weird, it was all looking alright here, i had cleared the float in the a tag in my post...
    Maybe you forgot to close something or so? What ever it was, it is now fixed.
  • edited February 2007
    Interestingly there is a big discussion over here in Germany about Chinese industrial espionage. Basically well paid Chinese hackers stealing patents from European companies. And American companies too, methinks. I'm sure that Meizu didn't manage to get their iPhone clone done in a matter of days after Apple officially showed off its iPhone.