The good morning thread

Comments

• Morning!

It's snowing here again, not much at the but it looks nice…

Ha! A full and busy house. So what film did you watch in the end?

• moanin' from the wesssssside... we've got a "river" storm comin' in, aye mateys

https://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/article/atmospheric-river-San-Francisco-Bay-Area-weather-15892681.php

• Morning all!

• I think it was ‘soul’, but it may have been the goonies - both have had much playtime recently 😎

morning!

• The Goonies – top film!

Morning… oh, all…

…hey @Meska 👋🏼

• Tax return done, with almost 24hours in the bag - I’m getting shit hot at this 😎

• edited January 2021

I was like 😁 I did mine months ago, then…

🙄 I did do mine…? Then…

[two-minutes later]

Phew, I did (had to check!).

• Hah! I was talking to my buddy up the workshop about it this morning, and he went quite pale! We figured out that he very most probably did already do it early last year through the accountant 🤣

• edited February 2021

fun fact: i haven't done my taxes in ... 2 years. 2019, i plumb forgot. Cos i'm a fucking idiot. 2020, fuckin' pandemic and running around like a headless chicken; also - no money.

I got a letter from the government the other other day, opened it, read it, it said they were suckahz IRS, something about discrepancies?

Taxes are due in April, sooo yeah...........

• Mor Afterning

• edited February 2021

It’s also about this time of the year where I say that I’m not leaving this shit until last minute ever again, and will do it early in April to get it done and out of the way.

Then January happens, every single time.

• I'll remind you!

Unless I forget… 😁

Morning ~all!

• You will forget, I’ll forget. Or, you’ll remember, I’ll procrastinate, same odds! 😂

• Morning!

…forget what?

😁

I got chance to visit Wales yesterday, Conwy, with a job …so nice to get away from my local area, the Lockdown, just for a few hours! It was sunny too!

• NEVR FURGIT!!!1~

Good evening from San Francisco. My hotel job stability is increasingly... tenuous...

• I hear the floor creaking and cracking below my feet...

• edited February 2021

Hey @slater don't give up the fight (in a non fighty way); sorry to hear things are looking shaky with work… I think a lot are feeling the uncertainty after the year we've had, including me, but things will change, we are coming out of this and eventually we'll be able to look back on it.

And people will travel again and San Fran will be on the list… for now just keep putting one foot in front of the other to get you across that creaking cracking floor (and don't look over the edges!), to get to the other side…

MORNING! 😊 😙

~all

• Wassup, my druids?!

Same same here, nothing new 🙃

Hang in there, slates! 🤗

• Morning @chris !

Got my first vaccination jab tomorrow morning!!

(my local area seems to be racing ahead – I'm not that old! Before anyone… 😁)

• Made it 4 days with the plonk... alas... two tall ones down the ol' pie-hole

• Longest I’m going at the moment is two days. Then it’s time for a couple of cans before bed (way too late, usually).

We’ve had two or three days of beautiful sun here so far. Supposed to be good for the week now too - loving it!

good news on your pin-cushion status, too, peakster!

• edited March 2021

Yes!

It's lovely seeing this weather, just the ticket and I've a nice beer in the fridge to welcome it (later)… day-3 and looks like it'll be dry all week here, if not sunny everyday…

It was all very seamless Friday - the jab (Pfizer) - I was in and out in 20 mins and thankfully only seemed to have had a sore upper arm/bruising for 48 hours.

Oh, and, morning! Hope you ~all have a good week (or as good as we still can hope for at the mo!)…

Dydd Gŵyl Dewi Hapus!*

😎

*I hope Google translate got that right!?

• Spot on, it were!

Rained yesterday, but got a coi Oof road tests in this morning, and hopefully brighter for the next few days again 😎

• Morning!

Burning rubber, hey, excellent. Good weather here too, at end of the week and weekend. Grey but dry atm.

I see the media's on fire re Harry & Megan's 'revelations'… yawn!

• 72f here today... flip flops!!! :) Oh... And at the Grocery Store today I heavily screamed at a maskless Karen and made her cringe....

I felt great... :)

• 72º, that's nice, 'pleasant'. About 50º (10ºC) here at the mo and 🌧 …

Give'm hell!

(if only for the pleasure 😁)

Morning!

• on and off the wagon like a yo-yo. it never ends. harrumph.

• Hai guys! 👋

• 👋🏼 Hey

&& Morning!

• i need to get better at going to bed/sleep earlier. Nos da!

• I woke about 5am for some reason!

Morning. Oh. Never mind…

• It’s not even 1am yet - I’m doing really well! 😎

• i got up at 5AM today, cos i gotta go to work. And need to do prep, cos I'm a dum-dum that could've done it yesterday, but fuck that!

Just like being back at school... got a paper due today. Let's do it today!

• Yo, the weekend*, another day… 👋🏼

Do work ahead of a deadline! Are you mad! 😁

*got to have done that before!

• There’s nothing cool about being ahead of schedule when you could, instead, be RIGHT UP AGAINST IT OMFG!!!!

• merry april 2nd.

i can't stop drinkin' da plonk.

• merry april 4th.

guess what, still on da plonk. BUT! with some sober interstitials. So not impossible. FYI.

• Happy Easter christians…

…and pagans, of course.

Hey Slater! May your interstitials get bigger 🍻 😊

• Happy chocolate jesus weekend, my dudes!

Super sunny currently, but heading for a cold few days by all accounts.

Good work, slates 😎

• edited April 2021

Yes! We had a flurry of snow this morning (that did nothing), now it's just bright & bitter…

(or is that a statement about the country, that wouldn't include bright in that case, probably 😁)

• Yes, had ten kinds of weather this morning. Love an Easter weekend, me!

• I got to kick my feet through some of the snow last weekend, it barely cover the ground but was good (like a kind)

…but lovely today here, almost summery, if it were just a few degrees warmer!

Wales are letting foreigners the English in again, I see 😁

• edited April 2021

Slowly getting more dirty foreigners at my hotel, too. kinda odd, tbh. usually in SF, all i hear is English, Spanish, or far-east-Asian languages. Was positively weirded out today when I heard some French!

• Morning!

Yes, those French… 😁 love some of there cities though, getting back to Paris is on the list for sure… Good though, to have business again (allowing the downsides in everything!)…?

Not sure when yet, but I'm looking forward to the chance to get away from home, even if it's just within the mainland…

• Quiet!

Hope everyone's okay…

• Hi my dudes! All good here, busy busy is all :)

Let’s hope they don’t expect me to go back to an office any time soon!

Hope you’re all well and that the world is operating in an ok manner you you all 😘

• Afternoons, wishing you all a happy weekend! :)

Stay safe chaps and chapesses!