The good morning thread

Comments

• time is meaningless. always has been, but now more than ever.

• 😆😁

Morning @chris

I think if we all just aim to remember what year it is, that'll be enough (I had a moment this morning where I realised it was only two days since I went to the supermarket, not four!)…

• i am craving french fries like a mofo.

• Sorry @slater I didn't see you there (new paged!)…

Morning ~all 😎

Oh, I think my craving would have to be… sitting in a beer garden with a pint, looking at the weather outside at the moment! Then maybe some chips/fries on the way home, of course!

• edited April 2020

watching the Indian news is a future dystopia. the madness. i can't help but feel things are staged (to coerce and manipulate). i have always wanted to visit India, but living this close now and seeing what i've seen (and heard), nope...don't care...don't even want to go there.

watching the Dev's final right now. she just tossed the gun and changed the simulation...omgzzzzzz!

• Oh, I started watching Devs on catch-up last night… looks promising

• Spoilers, vask!

devs was brilliant though, fair play.

i’m getting (British) furloughed next week for at least 3 weeks!

• Yo fazies

Thank you P for very kind heart felt comment about my dear dear dearest friend.

Other news this end...

C I think I must have caught the cycling bug in March and nabbed a "£50.00 off" bargain at Halfords. Passed there the other day and noticed they have resorted to selling their display cycles which I guess is to keep up with demand. My last bike had ten gears and this machine has 24 and oh what satisfaction to fly past pedestrians walking the same hill.

Mask up, don gloves, stop touching face whilst out and about.

Take care my lovelies xxx's

• Morning @Black Window, all…

I keep toying with get my bike back on the road (or getting a replacement) but for now I'm relying on Shank's pony for my daily…!

Up to episode three now, of Devs. It's good. Anyone see the 1st ep. of Killing Eve S3? I think it was all right, though I did have a moment as I switched off the TV and thought maybe I'd been seduced by some slick editing but promising…

Furloughed! That okay @chris? How's the home schooling going!?

• Hi BW!

peak - yup, it’s fine by me. I’m getting full pay, and all the time. Going to garden, and kick off loads of projects for the motorcycle business I need to do ready for after all of this lockdown stuff. Might even pull the trigger on a Sony a7iii for video work relating to that, too.

• Wash 🧼 your hands 🖐

stop touching your face!

• Yes dad!

(That's good, re work… oh, a a7iii! nice)

MORNING!

• I'M SO BORED!

doing mundane works...on old things. i guess the neat thing is that so much has changed with CSS that i can do things in way less code. or, i'm just much better at it now?

india claims they are going to relax the lockdown but i can't imagine much will change. i think we have five more weeks of this, at least. bleh...

• Morning, fluckers!

That A7iii is still expensive, and my trigg£r finger is notoriously arthritic, peak (yeah yeah, tight bastard, whatever!).

can you do some manual labour instead, vask? I’m really enjoying it :)

• i had just installed a gym before the lockdown started - i'm ok with physical things. just bored.

two days before the lockdown abruptly happened, i had ordered a bunch of wood for projects around here - of course, i can't pick that up or have it delivered now. definitely annoyed...

i want to hang out at the coffeeshop and bs with the gang. i want to eat momo's randomly during the day. i want to endlessly try to find things (ok, that's not my favorite thing to do). still have many things to do on the house...and i have to buy stuff. the thought of five more weeks...

• Yeah, house stuff with wood is more the kind of thing I’d meant, rather than a gym!

Sense of accomplishment, and physical exertion - a lockdown sweet spot, imo!

(as I’m sitting on the sofa watching ghostbusters with my youngest two, instead of turning over the veg plot... hah!)

• i was logged in on the wrong account. can't i just deleted my accounts - i promise i'll go away for good.

• Nope, think of this as your own Hotel California.

• am i me again today?

• yep. one glass of wine last night and i slept like an elephant. it's painful waking up today.

friday! i think i'll buy some tequila today...have a weekend long margarita fest.

;)

• Morning!

All that^ made me smile…

I sailed through the first few weeks – without looking at a calendar I do doubt how many weeks it's been (four?) – but must admit I've found this week harder, for some reason (over-thinking about work, lost, etc, blah, blah, I think… and I live on my own atm, which doesn't always help – there's only so many zoom/FaceTime calls you can do in a week! 😄)…

Yes, the physical of the DIY/Gardening kind is defo better than a home-gym, I think, for me at least. I've been doing lots of digging (the bodies, you know…). That and lots of a walks round the roads and lanes…

I need a hill!

Oh, I misread that @chris, about the Sony, thought you'd already (or had from work). Yes, a few bucks for sure, not tight – you've got a five-a-side team to run! 😁😉

Ha, I didn't notice the split personality @Vask😁

• how often do you guys wake up and expect to see some insanely huge news that changes everything?

but, it never happens. such a weird feeling. had it mega big this morning.

• as I'm in the US, i only ever look for one news item that NEVER happens... something bad happening to the orange berk... nope, just more smooth-brain drivel from him and his smooth-brain "administration"

• Not quite had that exact feeling @Vaskerville but I get what you mean – I think there's probably a name for it and in the current situation, I doubt you're alone in that sensation…

Hopefully he'll take his own advice @slater and vaccinate himself some time soon!

• Preemptive deja vu? 🤪

Morning (I realise it is afternoon right now).

Beautiful weather, but I fear rain is due next week - that’s a proper test of lockdown in the uk, I think. Uh oh!

• edited April 2020

Morning!

Or, double deja vu!?

Yes, I was looking at the weather forecast yesterday and thinking… umm.

An old family friend died at the weekend, she was in a care home. Another to add to the statistics, it seems. 😔

• Yes.

Day #1180210244

Got up, wondered what day it was, realised it didn't matter, again, made coffee, scratched my left bullock, remembered to shave (not the left…), put the bins out! Oh, that means it's Wednesday 😊

Morning!

• @peak - it is kind of like Groundhogs Day, (the movie), right? i feel like everyday is Sunday or Friday right now. sorry about your friend.

• hola :)

• Belated Birthday Blessings Peak!

• edited April 2020

Wow, blown away (really), thanks @Meska (how the hell did you remember that!)…

…it was an okay but slightly odd day! FaceTime and Zoom to the rescue.

Hola @am 😎

• edited April 2020

Well, on a positive note, that means your right at least twice a week – like today!

Happy Sunday! 😁

• Holy lol, ya got me!

Morns 😎

• Haha, really?

😁 Err, oh, afternoon!

• edited May 2020

I’ve no idea how many weeks I’ve been here, let alone what day it is! Woke this morning with a bit of dread about it all, but went out and did some work in the garden - loving life again 😎

I’m just about ready for a shed to be delivered now, and getting veggies planted!

I’m a farmer 👩‍🌾

• Note that beyond the designated veggie garden is still 600m of fucking jungle 😂

(That bit ‘might’ be next on my list, I guess.

• edited May 2020

Yes, I can relate to that^^! I was fidgety last night, didn't sleep well and this morning went for a walk round the neighbourhood and all's right… and, I'll be doing some gardening later too!

Great, that ^

Nothing like a bit of hard manual labour 🥕

• …the nearest I'm getting to a hill at the moment, grr (a mound of earth created by developers to hide a 'technology' park!), on my walk this AM!

• Morning!

• Good afternoon. Everything is shit.

• edited May 2020

Morning/afternoon 😊

Yes! Even the shit's shit! oh, wait… 😁

Any signs over there about easing of restrictions yet (and not Trump tweeted ones, of course! State ones, etc…)?

• Afternoon! Peak - your birthday is in my calendar and has been for years...

• I love farming too ;)

• Slowly gonna re-open non-essential stuff over the next weeks, then maybe, potentially, full re-open in June. Perhaps. Ugh.

• Good luck, slater! Keep yourself safe.

• Samesies!

tbh all i get are reservation cancellations at the hotel, so i'm thinking we're gonna be skeleton-crew'd at least thru summer :(

• Salutations appropriate to whatever day/month/year it is!

@slater – okay, that's a step in the right direction, may be? Yes, take care and hopefully it'll all go to plan! Still no sign here, really, not heard anything workwise for a while.

We'll be getting a 'speech to the nation' Sunday, from Doris. They can't be expecting people to be back in work the next day, with that little notice, I guess, so we'll see…

You just wait, @chris, uk-fazyies, it'll piss it down the first day back out of lockdown™!!