The good morning thread

Comments

• meth sun-skater didn't show. GG, ya bum

• I don’t, no. It’s a works trip (but not for work, just a weekend away).

• Georgian LVMH addict didn't show up for training. GG, ya bum

• I believe that may be a win for you!

• True.

Then the Nepali employee's boyfriend showed up for a job interview. He was all "well I can only work [days/shifts we already have multi-covered], and i have no flexibility, soz"

• edited October 2019

Slater, I’d love to work for you, but I can only do so at these very specific and inappropriate times, I’m afraid. We’d make a great team!

• oh, currently on the tarmac in Bristol, heading to Nice ☀️

• Morning!

No news here 😎

• Driving around Monaco at the moment. Did a burnout on the start line.

Got stared at by the local plod.

• lol

Nepali employee's boyfriend made it work. He's a bit of a nerd, but OK. Maybe once we hire him I can de-shred my sanity a bit.

• 😆 😎

Morning!

Hope the new employees work out @slater (and so the de-shredding); aren't we all nerds, a little, just about different things?! 🤓

• morning!

• guys, it's sunny! which is weird.

• Nepali is the second most spoken language in the state of Nebraska.

Apparently, this country has 2,000 different dialects - many of which are incompatible.

The head bobble that you will inevitably see (@slater) is purely habit - they don't do it on purpose. I think I'm starting to do that, too. Maybe it's the polluted air?

Not much going on...which is nice. Just bein'.

• Also, positive and negative things are expressed with different verbs/conjugations. They are like different modes. I've had a couple of Indian bosses over the years who confounded everybody by never really being specific about yes and no - and often it was both at the same time. Another one of these very different things in this part of the world that is fascinating.

• yeh the indian subcontinent's head waggle thing is interesting.

anyway... 4 more days of morning shift, then it's back to The Life Of Easy™ (ish)

• edited October 2019

borgen dorgen horgen, yo!

happy [inter]national egg day! 🥚

• i hab a cold. fuck a cold.

• Colds suck!

but then, I was hungover yesterday, and they also suck.

• morning! (:

• Morning!

~I scanned that^^ a bit too quickly to catch-up and was thinking what's a cold fuck, compared with any other kind of ƒ… a hot, rough, sweaty…

Good job I re-read it before moving on to cold sucks… 😁

My mind!

• Hehe morni... oh, afternoon!

• Morning 😊

• aye oop! also, afternoon by now.

also also, friday!

• ey up!

we've got fakkin' wildfires for a change, so gonna be wearing my best SL8R ALTERN-8 get-up for the next few days...

• oonst oonst oonst oonst oonst!

• HAPPY NOVEMBER I GUESS

• hola mi amigos!

weather is shite, eh?

• Morning.

I think we might need to bypass happy November – here at least – the Christmas decorations are already up in most places and the X-mas street markets were being set-up over the weekend! 🤔

Happy Week to you!

• good news is, u can't get Wham!'d this year, cos there's a fuckin' movie out with the name and judicious use of that dastardly song.

Good night from SF.

• did i see something about a film with wham tracks in it? i'm sure i would have remembered if it was titled wham!, though :D

• oh i see - you weren't saying it was called Wham! hehe. yes, it's the same fucking movie, of course.

• i think i like emilia clarke, though 😂

• edited November 2019

Oh, I do. 😍

…it's more the expectation of the storyline. 😁

• It’s only gone and put the bloody sun in the sky!

morning 😎

• good mornin'

it's veteran's day here in the USSRA, and my nextdoor.com is wildin' with boomers falling over themselves trying to out-"thank you for your service!!11~~1" each other

• happy veteran's day!

• guys, we're half way through the week! 😎

• HAPPY HUMP DAY LOL

• g’morning. happy friday. i hope everyone is well.

• Yay ey! It’s bull 😎

Also, it’s Saturday now, whaaaaa

• How is Our Man In Nepal doing?

Also, good afternoon from SF.

• hey hey! sunneh as a bastard (whilst cold enough to freeze the balls off a brass monkey).

• come in, vaska, come in, yo!

• gooooood mooooorning, fazyluckers!

(afternoon)