The good morning thread

Comments

• Oh, yes, it is, isn't it.

Holiday season for most, might explain...

I could do with another break, and I've not had much on since the last!
  • I'm staring down the barrel of a 5-day working "weekend" gun.

I'm new to this managerin' thing, and I've just come up with a new rule: If any of my employees want time off, they will have to get another employee to cover for them. None of this "lol mark can cover for me lol" malarkey :!:
  • edited August 2018
    Yes that's right, 5 days. Evening shift tomorrow evening till 10PM, then breakfast shifts every day Friday - Monday.

Fuckin' hotel biz :!:
  • Morning! Home now, need sleep :D
  • Where's vaska? :(
  • Morning!

Also, yes. Vaska, where the fuck you at?!
  • happy monday, all y'alls!

vaska is alive and well :) but pissed off (not at us, *phew!*)
  • Happy Monday!

vaska is alive and well :) but pissed off (not at us, *phew!*)
    How could anyone ever be upset at us! Thinks back in time...
    :D
  • exactly!

morning :) sunneh as a bastard again here...
  • edited August 2018
    what is it which is up, fellow kids?

• did you guys get your stupid shit sorted yet? because i'm tired of hearing about your stupid shit!

haha ;)

same day but it's really a different day around here. not fun. rinse, repeat, cry. stupid shit.

how's your summer? hot?

i hope y'all are doing fine.
  • WHERE IZ VASKUHHHH
  • edited August 2018
    Morning, druids!

Wet and grey here... been trampolining, had a lovely lunch at a pub (very reasonable, too!). Going to drop two kids off at the MiL’s, then 4 of us are off to Cardiff for the night and bit of tomorrow! Tidy.
  • do you not like those two kids?

also, good morning! i had too much to drink last night, lol go me :!:
  • Morning folks.

Good weekend?

Nothing riotous here... so entertain me with your stories of drugs, sex and rock 'n' roll please :)
  • hoohaaaw!

yeah, those two kids are ok, i guess, slater.

sat in a cla45 amg over the weekend, it was quite nice. £54k though, meh... sounds pretty hawt!
  • good morning!

bike was running rough this morning, like 3 cylinders at low revs. luckily, we'd planned to ride to my mechanic mate's garage at lunch for my boss to pick up his bike, so i'll have a good old moan at him then :D
  • Morning! Hump day, phew.

Bike fixed? Still no word from Vask'?
  • edited August 2018
    ...talking of no word from, where's nicko (on here at least!)?
  • bike sorted itself out. got up to my buddy's at about 1.30 yesterday with the boss, and it ran far better on the way up than on my way to work. by the time i'd returned to the office and was then riding home for the night, it was back to normal. gremlins!

vask is having some time out, and nicko is just busy busy i think :)
  • Morning.

Pesky gremlins!

That's good to know.

...it's all grey and damp here and I'm mourning that sun, had got used to having it around! ;(
  • edited August 2018
    Mornin' from t'other side of the planet :!:

Whoever's in charge here, can we have some letsencrypt fun on this here site? I mean, nbd it's just a silly site, but all the browser warnings are getting to me!

Also can we have the default size of this bleedin' <textarea> a bit bigger plz?!?!

:D
  • edited August 2018
    Morning @slater, ~all

Haha, yes, lets have some SSL action (done all mine), but shh, don't mention the text area :!:

...though, you could always try here... :D
  • I TRIED THERE :!:

Good morning.
  • Bonjour!
  • Bore da!
  • Bore da, indeed!

Working from home today, off tomorrow and Friday (buddy’s wedding on Friday), out for some boxing on Saturday night, then a full two days to relax before having to take more time off next week for childcare reasons (probably!)

I may have to actually pay back some annual leave this year, lol!
  • what's annual leave? :(

also, good morning.
  • Aha! It’s a little thing that some non-US countries have for employees. It’ll probably not catch on, though :)

Morning!
  • Morning!

Yes, you're not missing anything @slater, really. Anyway Mother Nature knows when it's your holiday and just rains on it for a laugh! :)
  • What's a holiday? :(

lol
  • Hello my lovelies x

Lonnnggg time me know and looksee me not forget ya.

So...whose up for some anal? :D

Have fab weekend my lovelies xxx's
  • Hey BW!

Long time no...

Well, err, lube?! :)

You have a good weekend too (I'll my at my desk tomorrow but then hopefully off duty 'til Tuesday :) )
  • What's a weekend? :(
  • Morning!

Hello BW!
  • Bonjour Peak, Chris, Slater, Nelson Mandela, Ron Jeremy, Donaldo Trumpito and all my lovelies that I'd get blisters on
    my piglets.

Not much to report on really. Erm...other than poking at your heart strings for sympathy...NOPE! AM good. Fam is good.
    Some peeps still CUNTZ. Some peeps aint. Some peeps lovely. Some peeps aint. Yep...same shit different toilet.

To digress ever so...So I'm from a time long ago that when washing one's car one assumes plenty of suds, rinse and wax was the best way. My oh my oh my how things have changed. Got given as part of a thank you for car service last year a hamper of goodies. So I washed the car with one that promised that afterwards my car would fart like a unicorn. Not far from it. SERIOUSLY!!!! Water/rinse caR. Add milky white concoction in warm water.."waash" car...rinse. AND...nearly two weeks later, sun heat torrential rain along with another dose of sun heat rain and car looks like it was washed and polished like only 2-3 days ago.
    I am deeeeelighted!!!!

And as you can see...I am gracing these later years as an easily pleased old fart.

Stay lovely my lovelies xxx's
  • Mor... Afternone!
  • ...wash the car, that's what rain's for! :D
  • Hah! Yeah, I need to wash the van and the bike, I guess...
  • Buenos

Recently I've fallen in love...again. This time it's for real. I know it's for real. I love LOVE.

Take care my lovelies xxx's
  • oOOoooooo! look at you! :D

morning! back in the office on the sunniest day this wee... oh, wtf guys?!
  • Bonjour

Have a super fabuloustastic weekender

xxx's my lovelies

• Sunny Sunday morning! Weather has been far better than predicted this weekend, I should do some garden stuff, really :)
  • it was a proper grey drizzly monday morning, wtf?

all weekend i've spent out in the garden, labouring away, listening to the chorus of motorbikes winding their way up and down the valley around me, then boom. nothing. shit weather, don't bother even looking at your bike this morning, chris...
  • Speaking of, we're having something the colonials call "labor day", over 'ere. Which means folks have the day off, so everything is full of gurning masses. On top of that, it's the day were Burning Man peeps are trickling back in to the city. Hooray. :(
  • G'day

Awesome week ahead...no idea why just feels that way :D

much xxx's my lovlies
  • edited September 2018
    Morning!

I spent the weekend in the hills, so it’s a bit of a come down from that (see what I did there :D ), but yes, hoping for a good week here too - the weather so far ain't playing its part!

Come on sun!

Top of the garden's a bit wild, that needs to be on the list for a couple of evenings this week...

So, I guess Labour Day is the nearest you get to a Bank Holiday?
  • ah yeah, i noticed the labor day / end of burning man festivities on the socials yesterday :)
  • also, morns! much brighter today (not enough so to call it sunneh, of course). kids all back to school, eldest's first day in BIG SCHOOL!!!

i took him up because the bus was over 15mins late on their first day, grrr!! as i picked him up, the bus appeared in my rear view mirror hah! anyway, got him there way before his bus would have, and was greeted by some teachers. then back home, jump on the motorbike, and hooligan in to the office, yeehaw!