The good morning thread

Comments

• edited April 2018
    you've no idea how tempting a suggestion that sounds :D
  • Hehe...

...head out on the m-bike!
  • don't want to do a day like this ever again.
  • Next to being on the mend, my Dad's also... found religion...? :/
  • edited April 2018
    Morning!
    [...] my Dad's also... found religion...? :/
    @slater I'm so sorry to hear that...

;)
  • morning!
  • edited April 2018
    is your dad is seeking a support community? that's a pretty healthy way to go about it...
  • We don't speak about emotional needs in the family, cos uhhh... British? iunno.

I guess religion is the next best and "acceptable" thing.
  • Humpday :!:
  • morning!

british stiff upper lip, what what!
  • edited April 2018
    y'all brits need real manners. like brushing off dandruff from ones shoulder and announcing it publicly.

pssssssshhhhhh...
  • lol! that cheeto is a fucking disgrace.
  • edited April 2018
    good timing. with new GDPR laws don't we have the legal right now to have our data deleted from a certain site?
  • I haven't posted on here since July 2017 and that's the first thing you could think of to say to me?
  • edited April 2018
    honestly, i know how that feels, too.

and, today is the day...and it's a real question.
  • Morning, morning...

Hey! @nicko how you doin!?
  • lol, GDPR!

also, morning!

also, nicko!
  • i always pretend it means "gettin' down with privacy"...and sing it like that one song...
  • Well actually, it's to be sung to the tune of DVNO

GOOD MORNING! EVERYTHING SUX!
  • hang in there, slater.

god forbid anybody has to live in a place like this. i think i'm giving up...i fucking hate it...i try and try...and i just fucking hate it so much...a smile isn't a smile if you hate it...
  • I found that "not being able to cry while on SSRIs" is An Actual Thing, and it sucks. I haven't cried in years, despite shitty things happening in life, and i don't think i can any more unless i go off them. Ugh.

Mornin'
  • morning!
  • not crying for a long time is not good. but the first cry after that is totes exhilarating.
  • Morning!

Hey, yes, hang-in Slater.
  • happy tuesday! it's currently not raining, which is good enough.
  • Morning! ...
    [...] it's currently not raining, which is good enough.
    :)
  • edited May 2018
    Thanks for letting me vent, folks.

Life is occasionally dumb, and oscillating intensely between "could be optionally better" and "wahey, more bullshit for youuu!"

Also, good morning!
  • edited May 2018
    Morning :!:

Oh, yes, it can do that ^

My mum's recipe for dealing with it:

(quite to our surprise, in her late 60s/ early 70s she bought a cassette tape of Eric, when they rereleased it... and used to play it quite a bit :!: )
  • yup, life can certainly suck donkey balls at times!

morning :)
  • sucks. balls. oof.

i hope y'all are having a very fine week. i really really hope it's better than mine.

;)
  • Hello!

What’s happening then, vask? Hope you’re both ok out there!
  • day to day.

i'm fine. we are fine. but, i don't even know how to talk about it. it doesn't feel worth it. mauritania was hard...this is some fucked up stuff at times. i feel so sorry for people in this country. the wealth disparity is unlike anything i have ever seen. they deserve better...and they are not going to get it. and the reasons for that can make you angry.

i'm just a flea in this world...and i kind of wish i didn't have to deal with these things. i miss life in europe and the US.

it makes me very sad and depressed.
  • edited May 2018
    do you have hope for your country? feel good about the future?

even if you don't - you can still have that feeling.

here...nope. i know enough to know. it wears you out. you see the shit. you loathe those people. you have to interact. and it tears you alive. i'm not made for this kind of trolling every day life. they are trolls. dangerous trolls, too.

i had hope in mauritania at the end of our five years there. i absolutely do not here.
  • eeee, that sounds rough, yeah. i guess it's the feeling of helplessness in the face of overpowering shitness.
  • on a brighter note, FRIDAY!

AND A LONG WEEKEND!
  • edited May 2018
    we are already looking forward to the next country. it's too soon to say but there is already a short list.

happy it's the weekend. i hope to sleep through it.

good one folks!

• what countries are on the list?

also, everything is bullshit and i just want to go home and stay in bed and never wake up.
  • @slater: you definitely want to wake up. sorry things are complicated for you at the moment.

pakistan, sri lanka, bolivia. obviously, we would be thrilled to be in bolivia. and we've spent time in sri lanka and really loved it. islamabad we hear is really lovely. the idea of being so close to china (5 hours to beijing)...i would switch careers in an instant if that were the case.

woke up at 6:30am. have a full morning of errands and then i'm going to watch movies and nap and that's about it for the rest of the weekend.
  • Good day!

Lovely and warm here, for once, I might have to go and sit in the garden in a bit...

@slater – Vask' is right. Keep chipping away (things can get better)...
  • Can, but don't. Yesterday was ultra-bullshit the likes of which I hadn't seen in a while. Had to refund guests (i manage a hotel) to the tune of $3k, because an employee didn't show up for the breakfast shift.

Fucking. Hell.
  • Life in a third world country...

We bought a dishwasher. It took nearly six hours for the plumber to install it. And when we turn it on and try to use it we find that the top blade doesn't allow the top tray to open. Defective product. Third damn time we have bought a fraudulently defective product. Obviously, they don't sell these in the US...blah blah... No refunds or anybody who even cares. Fuck.

Slept alot this weekend. Watched "The Square" which was surprisingly funny. We're getting about 7 hours of power from the grid every day now...goddamn...

Hang in there Slater!
  • Hey, morning

What, a second day of sunshine (here)! See, miracles do happen :D

Hope you ~all have a good day
  • hang tough, dudes, people can be dicks!

morning! monday! tuesday?! oh yeah!
  • Wōdnesdæg :!:

Shit's still fucked, but 0.344% less so. Still...
  • Humpday!
  • edited May 2018
    i like it, slater! bright side ;)

morning! weather is slightly better today, woohoo, shorts and tee!
  • meh. this place.

on a brighter note, pest control was here this morning and did their thing. fuck you tiny ants and mosquitoes. so many mosquitoes in the past week...it's freaky going to the car and seeing swarms of them in the garage.
  • Sunneh! Hope it stays this way to dry the tent out a bit - someone left the window open, uh oh!