The good morning thread

Comments

• saw the spookiest apartment today. the kitchen even looked like there was blood running down the walls. it had a coal heater so everything was smoke stained. has to be completely renovated. really want to buy it but need to look more...

i have to pound on the T key to get it to work.
  • pics or it didn't happen!
  • i'm not sure i can do that. the place was filled with a persons stuff (obviously they passed) and i think its bad karma to share those kinds of photos.

dug out the spare macbook pro (2009)! tt TTTT tt t t tt tttTTTttTt!
  • ok, i imagined that there would have been images on an estate agent's website or something, as a listing.

morning, friday!
  • Tap, tap tap, Vask :!:

Morning, Friday and chris and Vask :)
  • i know you just want to steal my good deal...haha...

actually, the pictures we saw beforehand were not public. it's not the first time i've seen a house here that was left with alot of artifacts from an elderly person. it's really touching to see how they have things organized...personal affects...

SO nice here today. could even go to the beach...

have a good weekend dooders!
  • edited October 2017
    Good morning (well, it's well over noon, so...) — after a pause for couple of years I thought I'd come back here and see what's happening ;) So yeah, mornin'.
  • you too!

weather's not bad here today, either - shorts and tee! (yes, every fucking day, i realise i'm weird :D)
  • i feel weird wearing pants. i realized yesterday that in haiti i wear socks about once every two months.

it's oct 21 and we're riding bikes around the village...this is not normal...but i love it.
  • Morning. No, afternoon... err, evening!?

Hello be-jot!
  • Yay, be-jot! I missed that post yesterday, I wasn’t ignoring you :D

Mor... evening!
  • Morning! Sunday™ defying it's name, in Manchester, since forever. :)
  • it's quite sunny here, in between the rain showers :D
  • guten morgen, montag!
  • super lovely morning here. lining up more places to look at in gijon. eating way too much at every meal. ;)
  • hump day, yo!

and it's fucking sunny, crikey :D
  • hallo there! :)
  • Sunneh as a bastard!
  • Morning :!:

Yay, here sun too :)
  • holy wow this weather is amazing!
  • Morning? Did I miss it again?
  • Morning!
  • i got my mofo T key replaced now! ;ksdf;oihrpibhoeifjsdfjTTTTT!

how was your weekend?
  • painted!

also painted whilst slightly hungover!
  • Didn't paint, did drink. A little. What else...
  • edited October 2017
    ...Top, top, tap, tap of The Morning/afternoon/evening* Vask'

*delete as appropriate
  • hey hey :)

oh, only tuesday, is it?
  • still looking at apartments. found a couple really good candidates. you know how it goes...we're always pressing on that max budget and it makes you uneasy (we're paying cash - no morgage!).

only a few more days left and then i have to go back to you know where it's too damn warm all the time.

;)
  • what's your budget? (if you don't mind me asking)

as you know, i've been looking in a different, more expensive region (probably the most expensive in spain, sure). i think we have 2 budgets, the lightest one would be as an 'additional' place, and part-time renter-outer, but i'm also pushing the boat a bit when looking and imagining selling up in the UK.
  • edited October 2017
    oh yeah, the lighter one would be around* the €120k mark, i guess. but that would already require something to be mortgaged hehe.

*i'd like to say maximum, but you know how these things go, and budget creep etc *rolleyes*
  • morning! beautiful day out there, so it is :)
  • Morning!

Intersting plans!
  • not a plan, on my part - more a loose idea, maybe.
  • But from loose ideas... :)

Morning!

Coffee shop is playing frigin' Xmas music already :!: :/
  • morning!

ah, christmas music, lovely stuff.
  • back in haiti. just the same as before.
  • Evening! :)
  • I'm drunk. I'm gonna walk 2 blocks to the store for beer. Wish me luck!
  • bore da! how'd your walk go, blues?
  • good morning! it's a sunneh as a bastard, but a little chilly, happy days :)
  • rain rain rain rain. rain?

i'm so happy...and not sweating.
  • i'm awake.

what's your weekend plans?

around here...house projects...avoiding work parties...and probably cooking a big curry.
  • eldest son is having a few mates over tonight (his birthday in a couple of days), then he's off to his friend's party tomorrow. i'll be sneaking off later tomorrow afternoon to watch the rugby in a pub, and hopefully get a lift home from there with my lovely wife, thereby avoiding a post-pub drunken-slob restaurant booking which will likely end in WAG tears.
  • how old is your son. do you get to teach them how to shoot bb guns and stuff like that. oh my...those were the fun days.

sunday...making an indian feast...watching netflixes...

WE BOUGHT AN APARTMENT IN GIJON!

;)

• WE BOUGHT AN APARTMENT IN GIJON!
    Cool. Does this mean no more travelling with work or just a base/investment?

Sunday: oversleeping, washing the car, shopping for food and watching Blue Planet 2.

Saturday was more interesting...
  • Morning!
  • morning!

happy gijon apartment!

happy hillwalking!

son #1 is now 11 (blimey).
  • @peak: we need a home. we won't renovate until the end of next year - then i will spend a good amount of time there (rather than here, of course). we plan to airbnb eventually...maybe rent it in a few years...

11 is a good age to start buying them dangerous toys. yes, he does need a crossbow...wcgw? ;)
  • let me know when you start renting it out :D

(also, it's probably not big enough for all of us, so you'll have to babysit 4 kids for the wife and i to have a week there ;))