The good morning thread

Comments

• we've made it to wednesday. it feels like a lot further in to the week!

congrats on spain, would love to be there :)
  • come on down!

i was told that today is the nicest day they had all summer?

perfect timing!

now i'm heading to the big electronics shop. you know, because in haiti we don't have one at all. i think i need six or seven new laptops just because... ;)
  • i have a tat appointment tomorrow, and a stag do on saturday. i'll see if i can make it next weekend :D
  • Morning!

Back (Been to Scotland)!

...wish I was still there of course but nice to see you're all still here and alive :!:
  • Thursday 5:59 Am.. Off to the store on my bicycle for some breakfast beer and some cheap cigars.. :)
  • i forgot that i had a small box of maryjane here. it was a gift from somebody. how do i smoke this now?

morning!
  • Apple pipe!

Morning :D
  • WATUP, FRIDAY?! w00t!
  • i'm roasting one of these prehistorical chickens they have around here.

all weekend...i ain't doing nothing.

have a good one!
  • my god all the arguing and bickering on the net is off the maps. i don't know if the net is filled with idiotic russian posting bots or what, but the massively contentious shit is...fucked. bleh...why go on the net anymore?

well, you know what i mean. it makes my stomach churn though...

anyways, first weekend in spain was quiet. everybody was talking about the referendum though (another crazy contentious issue). i made some really good hummus...

morning!
  • morning! where abouts are you, vask? because re: referendum, that's all kicked off, too (not a great look for spain, from where i am - their reaction can only strengthen the catalan resolve, no?!)
  • i'm in Ribadesella, Asturias.

yes, the reaction is not going to help. aside from that, it's barely even scoff worthy the vote was so illegitimate from the start. the GC should have setup food trucks outside of the voting booths and gave food away for free.
  • aha! lovely - is it pretty quiet in that area? a friend's mother has a place *somewhere* in northern spain, it was her and her husband's, but he recently-ish passed away :( it's too out of the way for her to really enjoy by herself.

morning! and wtf @ vegas.
  • it's quiet here, but there are things around. it would be nicer to be closer to oviedo/gijon. i enjoy the quiet...

vegas: just watch this blow up because of trump.
  • edited October 2017
    Morning!

Really do wonder how things Catalonia will resolve, either way, at the moment it doesn't look pretty!?

Vegas!
    Words fail me... "We will talk about gun control at some point in the future..." –The ClownPresident of the USA!
  • morning!
  • all these things to talk about!

i feel so bad for folks in puerto rico. trump is so many kinds of dog shit the way he was talking to them. he should leave his fucking trolling on the internet.
  • FRIDAY!

SUNNEH AS A BASTARD!
  • Morning, morning!

Yes, sunny as one of them... which has made it easy to stay calm, when my morning appointment was a no-show! :D
  • motherfucking friday!
  • welcome back, monday!
  • Morning!

...just back from navigating across some moorland in the dark!
  • are you ok? did you get lost? had you meant to be doing that in the dark? :D

morning! it's, err... it's still dark, lol
  • are you ok? did you get lost? had you meant to be doing that in the dark? :D

morning! it's, err... it's still dark, lol
    :D

Yes, we were meant to be walking in the dark... practice for a couple of fellow hill-walkers (as a bit of a side hustle I got qualified as a kind of mountain leader earlier in the year); we were trying to get lost :)
  • edited October 2017
    ah! a friend of mine who used to be a manager at b&q and then started his own farm (www.welshpork.co.uk) also did a hill-walk leader course thing and takes people out, too!
  • ^ Cool (farm looks interesting too)...

Morning!
  • more a small holding, really. but they both got made redundant at about the same time, and decided on a new direction. they are doing really well, too :)

morning! happy hump!
  • WHENNNNNNNZZZZZZZZDAAAAAAAYYYYYYY
  • Well hello there! You still in Spain, vask?
  • yep...until nov 5.

sunny and slightly chilly day today (hot in the sun still).

every day feels like friday (now that my spanish courses are over).

;)
  • I’m still searching for Catalan property almost daily :D
  • oi oi, saveloy!
  • yeah, it's a bit warmer over there. asturias doesn't have a high speed train, yet. scarcity is value. if you ask enough people even in catalonia where to find the best food...yep...

http://www.centrotitobustillo.com/

this museum is in memory of my wife's uncle. he found the cave drawings on a spelunking mission and died not long after.

we've changed our plans and we're trying to buy an apartment in gijon this year. we're way too picky and prices are now starting to go up.
  • oOooo gijon looks nice (from google images)!

morning :) / friday! / rain :(
  • Umm...hurricane Ophelia is on her way to...Ireland. ???
  • edited October 2017
    Yeah, supposed to hit tomorrow I think, 80mph winds.

Fresh warnings as Hurricane Ophelia heads to UK
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-41627442
  • holy shit, the sky is brown :D it's really quite warm, too - shorts and tee!

morning :)
  • Morning.

There's a bit of an odd, but nice, light here too.

Yes, Gijon looks very nice; good luck with the house-hunting :!:
  • holy shit, the sky is brown :D it's really quite warm, too - shorts and tee!

morning :)
    We had the same thing this morning.
  • morning! got a bit windy here last night, for sure - i flipped a couple of things upside down (tables, trampoline etc.) so they didn't take a vacation during the evening. all good i think, still have all my trees, too :D

morning!
  • what up, yo?!
  • Morning! :)

There's a slight chill in the air...
  • yeah, chilly here!

and the fucking T on my laptop only works 50% of the time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • *fify percent of the ime
  • god damn! i've been hinking of ways o ge around i!

biches! cuns!

i am prey sure i am more opressed han rump.

;)
  • :D :D :D

Afternoon :!:
  • A‘noon!