The good morning thread

Comments

• good luck, vask!

board it up and invoice them both :D
  • offical word from our officials is that we won't have crazy wind but we will have a ton of rain. that's ok.

i hope they are right. this is such an uneasy feeling.

first time hurricane person here unless you include the very weird tropical depression that seattle had a couple decades ago.

it's 11:30am. i think i need a drink...
  • well, good luck, vask! hope you live on a bit of a hill, too :) hold on tight.

happy hump day, y'alls!
  • edited September 2017
    a couple of days of panic and denial...lol...

models predict we will do ok. fingers crossed.

but, i'm still in haiti. all the stuff that was going on just this morning...oof. i'm not making all of this stuff up. it's normal if you are from here, i guess. yesterday, the "maintenance" person broke our generator! the day before a hurricane when everybody is scrambing - no electricity from the grid! seriously...wtf.

anyways...morning.
  • the models i've seen show it going north of haiti before twirling upwards towards eastern dongland.
  • edited September 2017
    cuba (possibly) and bahamas are going to get ruined.

• yep. every time i glance at the chart it's a little more north. fingers crossed!

thank goodness too for cuba. the media wasn't talking much about the country.
  • this is my new tv show...i'm addicted for the next 24 hours...

https://www.windy.com/?18.428,-72.059,6
  • checking in, vaskerville?
  • Morning.

Wow, yes, I'm a bit behind on the news but heard the reports on Barbuda yesterday driving home - 95% of property/homes damaged - and the predictions for places like Turks and Caicos!

Hope you're all safe Vask'...
  • last night at 6pm we were swimming in our pool under grey skies, light wind, listening to thunderstorms in the distance. mostly talking about how lucky we felt that it passed off the coast. we will experience some wind this afternoon, but yesterday we had barely any wind or rain. we even had a sunset!

i hope cuba is doing ok - nobody is talking about them. we have friends in ft. lauderdale we are really worried about. florida is going to get messed up.

i think it's time we use all of this technology humankind has invented and start nuking hurricanes out of existence before they reach land.
  • Morning! What's the damage?
  • Morning?

Still raging in the US, isn't it.
  • normal morning
  • huzzah!

hope all is well, everywhere :)
  • I so truley missed my lovelies xxx's
  • yay, BW, too!
  • morning! sunneh as a bastard, so i rode in. no doubt it will be pissing down by the time i'm leaving... :D
  • Morning ~all!!

A full-house, kind of...
  • ah, normal morning.

so far.
  • Morning.

Strange funeral yesterday (family friend, distant, not seen one of the people there for 30 years... Wow, life's not been kind to them).
  • morning!

yes, people age ... differently ... for sure! *touches wood*
  • i'm working from home atm, and the sun through the patio doors is très warm!

it's not warm / consistently dry enough to open the fooking doors, though. first world probs, soz.
  • ^^^ why do you say that?

^ exact opposite here.

seems like an eternity this year - i wonder why? can't wait to be at the spain home where it will be cold and rainy and i can eat fresh seafood until i explode.
  • morning!

monday!

sunneh? yes, sunneh!
  • stuck in fucking paradise for another week. all my flights cancelled.

here comes more hurricanes.
  • tis the season, and all, yeah!

stay safe, yo! :)
  • After-morning! :)
    ^^^ why do you say that?
    Oh I think we've all seen someone who's life, and challenges, is mapped across their face? That and the polar difference to the person I knew, thought I knew, 30 years ago; no judgement in that (most of us manage to hide our shit below a surface of respectability?! :D ).
  • ^ oof. that's too bad...
  • Misty Morning!
  • quite a nice, if slightly chilly, morning here!
  • Morning Chester!

...I'm not calling you chester, I'm in Chester (Work) :)
  • exciting!

(is it? hehe)
  • i don't want to be here.
  • exciting!

(is it? hehe)
    Exciting might be pushing it a bit, I was being paid for it, that's the highlight (I was only in its suburbs) :)
  • i don't want to be here.
    Should we be be offended?!

:)

• ^^^ not here here. here!
  • how's it going weatherwise / destruction levels, vask?
  • edited September 2017
    Just fine. The only problems are on the north shore. It would take me at least 8 hours to drive there (for distance comparison).

Today has been really chill. Woke up to a lovely wind (a respite from the heat) and right now we have amazing clouds on the mountain. Weatherwise, this is what I would have in Spain if I was there right now...doi!

Hurricane Maria wasn't even a thought for most of this country.

As this hurricane got fired up I was worried it would hit more of Hispanola. I wasn't happy that my flight was cancelled but I was totally freaked out about leaving my wife alone (if it did hit). So, yeah, I'm a worrier...thought the worst was coming and it didn't (again, luckily).

Puerto Rico really needs help...

Oh wow...I'm watching clouds roll up the small valley behind my house. I could actually throw rocks through them from my terrace if I wanted to do so. For us, this is as much of Maria that we'll see...
  • Morning ~all

Good hear you and misses are all safe and sound Vask'

....you have internet, that's all that matters! :D
  • ^^^ not here here. here!
    I know :)

• morning morning! (friday!)

glad to hear the storms are passing you by :)
  • thanks for asking!

the predictions are that hurricane season will continue strong late into october. i hope NOT! nobody will be here to protect our house if that happens. anyways...

monday, again, i'm off to spain. damn do i need a break from this place...

y'all are invited to our dinner party tonight. just bring a bottle of something nice.

have a good weekend!
  • take me to spain instead!
  • monday, eh?
  • yes!

i'm finally on my way in another hour. ;)
  • ah, waking up in spain.

MORNING!