My new Wifi toy..

edited July 2007 in conversations
It gives me 3x to 5x range over an Airport Extreme card.. I'm looking at 20 unsecured wifi antennas from apartment dwellers.. Please secure your Wifi...

null

Comments

• edited 7:33PM
    Nice !

Have you ever tried the Pringles tube thing with a router Blues? (not that you would want boost your own signal, just for an experiment)
  • edited July 2007
    squapple:Nice !

Have you ever tried the Pringles tube thing with a router Blues? (not that you would want boost your own signal, just for an experiment)
    Ya I did a Cantenna years ago with my iBook g3.. I had to slip the pigtail underneath the keyboard to connect.. Cause there was no space to drill a hole.... And the old airport "B" cards actually had a separate plug insert besides the regular Apple connection...
    Yeah, the old airport cards were weak I found. How far did it extend to signal?
  • edited July 2007
    I could do 1/2 a mile on the cantenna.. But it had to be direct of sight.. This new antenna is USB and very good for an Urban area. So I've gone from a 1 block area to about 3 blocks all around.. This ,in a crowded Urban area with Brick and old mortar buildings that kill your signal.. I'm happy

:smile:
    Nice 1 Blues. Happy surfing !
    heh, and here I was thinking WiFi had something to do with wireLESS...
    McKs:heh, and here I was thinking WiFi had something to do with wireLESS...

heh it comes with a very tiny usb cord for powering and connecting it.. the one on it is a larger modified cord i was playing with. the tiny cord is on now.
    yeah, just kidding, I was kinda referring to that whole cable clutter thing you got going on the background there ;)
    McKs:yeah, just kidding, I was kinda referring to that whole cable clutter thing you got going on the background there ;)
    \

ah.. lolo It's cause ! was drunk and unplugged the iBook and spun it around.. It's the Ethernet and Lan cables... heh