Museum Of Media History

edited June 2007 in conversations
this is interesting, is this the way of things?

http://www.broom.org/epic/ols-master.html

Comments

• edited 11:05PM
    bah!
    weak and boring :nausea:
    Well weak and boring might be a little harsh, its not made me moist, but that's an interesting idea, if you think about it a little further . . . .

We're heading for a virtual world but not the one imagined in Matrix, where we are in the machine, as such, but one where we isolate ourselves, the computer being the window to our room, the machine being virtually around us . . .

. . . or may be not but someone could create a good story from this.
    i don't think they were trying to say that it would end up like the matrix, i got the idea of information manipulation came across strong though and everything seemed to fit into place when the thought of the ny times (real information/news) for one set of people and manipulated news/information for another set.
    No, I think it might end up like the Matrix though.

The information manipulation was clear you're right. When they talk of delivering individual content, if this were a script, we'd be talking about 'invented' news, tailored to reinforce each persons perspective or neuroses . . .
    oh right, from that point of view yeah - i thought you were talking about the matrix as a whole not just that one part ;)