Resigned From Work And Started My Own

edited January 2007 in conversations
So this Friday is my last day in the office. I gave a three weeks notice and I'm off on my own.

I already registered my business and obtained my tax id! woot. Going to focus my business on the martial arts community and some high-end spa stuff as well.

Basically going to take this year and work enough to enjoy myself alot and pay the bills. I've got a lot of dreams and personal development I want to work on, instead of being stuck in someone elses office working on things I dont even like, even if the money is good and I was offered more to stay.

So maybe I will be here more often. Hopefuly, runing some designs by everyone!

ez!

Comments

• edited 9:51AM
    Well done, echoes. Working on your own is tough - goes without saying, but ooooooooooh so worth it if you manage the jobs well. Life is short, if there is an opportunity to enjoy the work you do rather than to be unhappy fulfilling someone else's dreams then it's a no-brainer. Best of luck setting yourself up! :)
    1. time management.
    2. enjoyable work.
    3. ??????
    4. PROFIT!

but seriously, good on ya. hope it goes well, and look forward to seeing your in progress work here for crit :D

once i get a couple of things out of the way, i'm going to get a little more focussed on some freelance stuff too.
    gratz d00d

hope it's everything you wanted
    Yeah, well done and good luck.

I'm still in two minds whether to do it again myself. I'm getting busier by the day....
    I tried the freelance bit for 8 months, before the job im at now. It was great, but I needed to get more connected for it to really work. Now that I have some solid connections, it's time to give it another go.
    Good luck fella, make sure your work/drink balance is not affected ;)
    meska:Good luck fella, make sure your work/drink balance is not affected ;)
    Well if anythign, it will get back on balance!
    Hehe, i remember when i first started working at my current place, because of the amount of drinks' clients we have, my alcohol consumption rose dramatically. I'm into my 4th year here, and i've only just managed to keep the work/alcohol balance in check :D
  • edited January 2007
    ^ pish head :D