Apple store down- again

edited June 2007 in conversations
As of 7:22 Eastern Standard time, the Apple store is down. Any guesses? It is a tuesday, after all.

Comments

• edited June 2007
    new iMacs in Brushed Metal look?
  • edited 2:40PM
    led backlights!
    anti-gravity led displays???!!!
    I really hope they enable the electrocution over IP protocols- there's some fuckers annoying me today that are really asking for it.
    It's back up, but nothing new. :(
  • edited June 2007
    The new macbook pros. 2.2 and 2.4 ghz, unsure about LED display or not, with a nvidia 8600M GT video processor.

For the moment, they don't seem to have lowered the older refurbs any.
  • edited June 2007
    it's LED alright:

Display’s the thing

A great video processor powers a great display. The new MacBook Pro is available in 15-inch models with a new mercury-free, power-efficient LED-backlit display and a 17-inch model with an optional 1920-by-1200 pixel display.

Biff:The new macbook pros. 2.2 and 2.4 ghz, unsure about LED display or not, with a nvidia 8600M GT video processor.

For the moment, they don't seem to have lowered the older refurbs any.
    Oh! I missed that...thought they released that the other day. Maybe that was just the MacBooks.
    it's a nice update, still wishing for this kinda al-round performance in a smaller package though.
    Ohhh! They're Santa Rosa-based! Here's hoping they do the same for the Mini, and not kill it off.
    nice nice!
    bump from the future!

i hope it's not a new iphone, lols!
    Maybe it's the new Final Cut Express? They updated Logic Express along with Logic Studio, but they didn't update Final Cut Express when they updated Final Cut Studio.
    snow leotard?
    ^ that would be my guess.
    Yeah, I'm pretty sure this is snow leopard.
    It is.
    well, i'm (work is) going to have to pay out a huge £129 for my upgrade here. i'll just send the boss the link :D
    $29?

Why $129?
  • edited August 2009
    i have to get the box set, with the ilife / iwork upgrades as i don't have leopard on this machine.

http://store.apple.com/uk/product/MACBOX-101801
    so who is preordering?
    Just curious... the $ 29 version won't work on a Mac that hasn't Leopard installed, or is it just that you need to provide some proof of purchase for Leopard?

... the apple store lets me just buy it, thus an actual store will too, right?
    I'm unsure about the disk contents, but, all but the very first generation of intel machines up to the first generation macpro shipped with some flavor of 10.5.
    As a BiffPSA, do understand that this WILL break things. Uninstall haxies and the like before you go to town.
    urbansurgeon said...so who is preordering?
    I was kinda hoping that my boss was, but he's not sent a copy of the confirmation mail yet...
    Biff said...I'm unsure about the disk contents, but, all but the very first generation of intel machines up to the first generation macpro shipped with some flavor of 10.5.
    My very first generation MBP came with 10.4 ;) I run a *cough* borrowed Leopard, but was considering buying and go legit -- there are rumors floating around that the $ 29 disk will have no bootloader, thus won't work as an install disk. Dunno... speculations, innit? Will see in four days :)
    This will probably be the first time I actually pay for OS X. Figure it's about time.
    If the disk doesn't have a bootloader, then troubleshooting, diagnostics, and maintenance are going to be a cold hard bitch.
    The disc that leaked contains the usual utilities and stuff - as well as a full installer, as far as I can tell (everything's running 10.5, so I can't test it with a 10.4 machine).

I was able to erase an HD and install 10.6, so presumably it doesn't check for a copy of 10.5 already installed. That would suck - each time you want to do a clean install, having to install 10.5 just to upgrade to 10.6.
    will snow leapoard fix my sticky mighty mouse nipple ball?
    Just ordered SL for €29 :)
    As a reminder, if you bought a new Mac on or after June 8th, you can buy it for $10.
    just out of interest, why is snow leopard over £10 cheaper in america?
    The same reason why £=$ on every other Apple product.

Why do you ask questions that you know the answer will tear the fabric of space and time apart when they're made public?
    hehe
    chris said...just out of interest, why is snow leopard over £10 cheaper in america?
    why is Guinness cheaper in Ireland?
    It's not ;)
    new macbook pros, eh? :)
    that's the consensus ;)
    Price increases with speed bumps :D
    I have bern waiting for this day for so long! (my old macbook died, no home computer for 2 long months, totally cut off from all web nonsense - typing this from an iPhone)
    I do covert a non-glare 15"!
    --------------------------------------^ insert joke here!
    BUMP!

just as i was about to spec up a 12-core mac, too...
    Anything new? I just see the iPad headline text now in period red for xmas
    it's still down for me?
    oh right, the us one is up, they seem to have forgotten about /uk/ :D
    you should try the /walesboyo/